“A beautiful place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kelly
Budges' Slide Lake Cabins
Lafayette, Louisiana
“A beautiful place to stay”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

It was a pleasure to spend 8 nights from Oct 12- 20. I had cabin #1. Having read recent reviews I can verify their accuracy. If you want some solitude and natural beauty this is the place. The cabin was extremely clean and well appointed. It is off the main highway but that was no problem for me. You can view wildlife all along the way to Jackson. It makes a great base camp as you tour the area. The Budges were very helpful and friendly. The night sky was spectacular and the resident beaver kept me entertained. I hope to come back next year.
M. Boyer

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Millard B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We spent a week at Budge's #4 cabin in August/September. The cabin is very pretty, quaint, and tastefully appointed, and extremely clean. The location is quite out-of-the-way, next to lower slide lake in the Gros Ventre valley. The location suited our taste for quiet and seclusion, but be advised it's about 30 minutes from Jackson. It's very close to Antelope Flats, which is teeming with bison and antelope, particularly around sunup and sundown. The cabins' location is very convenient to Teton National Park, about 20 minutes to Jenny Lake visitors center. I would highly recommend Budge's, and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Groenlo88
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We felt we really hit the jackpot here! My husband, two daughters (11 and 13) and I stayed in cabin 4 for eight nights and could not have been happier. The cabin was spotlessly clean, beautiful, comfortable, and had all the amenities we wanted, including comfy beds. The setting is spectacular, right on the lake. We were in secluded wilderness (with a beaver as our neighbor and a pine marten visiting us on the deck), yet close enough to all the activities in Jackson Hole. We went whitewater rafting, horseback riding, took the tram to the top of the Tetons, went to Yellowstone, etc. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JulieN04
Reviewed 3 July 2011

If you're visiting Teton National Park, this is the place to stay. These are the cleAnest , best maintained cabins I've ever stayed in, and I trAvel a lot! They are on lower slide lake in Kelly in very private location, a bit hard to find but worth the drive. Beautiful views, lots of wildlife, and very sweet owners who have thought of every detail down to the grocery store coupon cards on their key rings! The road to the cabins is rough but just go slow. There are two resident beaver that will entertain you at dusk and a pine Martin that likes to visit if you love animals! The stars at night were unbelievable! I only wish we had stayed here longer and would go back in a heartbeat. I almost hesitate to detail the wonders of this site so it can remain one of the best kept secrets in the
Park but because the Budges have dine such a wonderful job, must send them kudos!

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank Jrtnallen
Jackson,WY
Reviewed 7 March 2011

My family and I have been staying at Budge's cabins for 14 years and never want to leave at the end of our stay! The location is absolutely breathtaking and the cabins are as perfect as a lake cabin can get!
We have been in all four cabins and the Taylor Cottage and all are equally amazing! The property has so much to offer and we love that Danny and Jane keep the landscaping "untouched"...that is what the Gros Ventre is all about...simple beauty!! Staying at Budge's Slide Lake Cabins is the best choice you could ever make when visiting GTNP/Jackson Hole! I highly recommend this little piece of heaven to everyone!
Enjoy your stay! :)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank n_dunn
Becker, MN
Reviewed 3 October 2010

After spending the first four nights of our family vacation in Red Lodge, MT while we toured Yellowstone, we were excited to see what our cottage on the lake in WY would be like. When I booked our stay, I debated over the newer looking cabins vs. the remodeled cottage. We spend most of our summers camping, so I figured the more isolated, rustic cottage with a view of the Tetons would fit us just fine.

We had a long day on the road and after picking up some groceries in Jackson, we didn't arrive at our cottage until dusk. The view of the Tetons from the cottage is beautiful, but the cabin and the yard -- not so much. We arrived to a yard full of knee-high dandelions. Even the walkway from the deck to the fire pit was covered with dandelions. I'm all for rustic, but at this price I would expect the lawn to be somewhat taken care of. At the very least, they could leave a weed whip in the garage so guests can take care of the lawn themselves. It was kind of a turnoff to have to place your lawn chair in a pile of dandelions next to the fire pit with such a beautiful view.

The cottage is nicely remodeled, but could use a few additional updates. Most of the windows in the cottage do not lock, and quite a few are missing window treatments. As isolated as you feel in the cottage, locking windows and window treatments might be comforting to most. The sheer curtain directly above the bed in the master bedroom just doesn't do it. The moonlight shining through the bedroom window was not condusive to a good nights sleep.

Each time we drove past the cabins, I wish I would have chosen one of them instead. The last three nights of our vacation were very disappointing. We were happy to get on the road and head for home.

Likes: View, Serenity
Dislikes: Knee-high dandelions, lack of window locks and window treatments

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank fsujarv
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We booked Taylor Cottage over 8 months ago and we just got back from our amazing vacation! What a great spot! Off the beaten path but we had a wonderful view of the Tetons from the living room of this charming cottage. Plenty of room for a large family... only 3 of us so we only used two of the three bedrooms. Fully furnished with comfortable sofas, chairs and beds... oh and an awesome remodeled kitchen. Very secluded with a view of the Lower Slide lake from everywhere in the cabin. I highly recommended this cottage. The only two draw backs...it's a little far from Jackson (above 40 minutes) and the last stretch of the road to the cabin is rough. But those are small in comparison with what you get staying here. If you are looking for peace... it's here.. if you are looking for a view.. it's here. We stayed five days and are already trying to decide when to return.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank VicHicks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelly
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Jackson Lake Lodge
Jackson Lake Lodge
#2 of 13 in Grand Teton National Park
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,795 reviews

Been to Budges' Slide Lake Cabins? Share your experiences!