We visited Lander for the fourth of July this year and stayed at this hotel. I have stayed here before, but it has been quite a while. The hotel is no longer affiliated with Best Western. We heard from some locals that it was because they weren't keeping it up to the BW standards.
Our stay went pretty well, but I was continually bothered by the complete lack of customer service during our stay. I imagine that this is one of their busiest weeks (it was very difficult to find a parking spot most nights), so it could have been that they were understaffed. But, they should have known that well in advance. Here are some examples to illustrate the lack of customer service:
- One of the couples in our party arrived to their room and found the toilet clogged. They called the front desk and they sent over a plunger and told the guests to plunge the toilet. Not really the ideal way to welcome your new guests.
- There was no working ice machine in our building (furthest from the main road) despite the presence of multiple signs pointing to the "ice machine". We saw numerous guests roaming through the building trying to find the ice machine. A sign stating that there wasn't in fact an ice machine anywhere in the building would have been nice.
- We called the front desk and told them that we were out of towels and wanted some more. They told us to try to track down the maid in our building and ask them for towels. They said that where was nothing else that they could do.
- At breakfast one morning they ran out of bread for toast. When asked by the guests to bring some more out they refused to do so.
The breakfast was decent for a free continental breakfast. The selection was adequate if you were there early and aren't very picky. The breakfast ends way too early (9:00 am). We slept past that time one day that we were there. The really annoying thing was that it didn't even really last until 9:00. If they run out of something as basic as bread at like 8:30 they will refuse to bring any more out. We went elsewhere for breakfast a few times.
The pool is small but adequate. It was hot while we were there, so it was nice to take a dip in the pool. My one complaint is that the water was kind of cloudy. I am not sure if it was a chemical change or what, but I made me hesitate before getting in.
I considered giving the hotel a three rating instead of two because the hotel itself is still in pretty good shape and the rooms were fine. But, it was very apparent that they are not putting in the time and money to maintain a high standard and provide good customer service. I expect that the hotel will continue to decline in quality and customer service unless something changes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- change Primary photo from ownerphoto edit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Inn at Lander reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Inn At Lander Hotel Lander
- Best Western Lander
- Best Western Hotel Lander
- Lander Best Western