“Icy hallways?”
Review of Ramada Laramie

Ramada Laramie
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is a motel and not a great one. Best part for me was breakfast. Ice was in the hallways....no joke. My advice for anyone wanting to stay in this town is to not do it. What a horrible town lol

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Ramada Laramie

Reviewed 29 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dana H
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The property is a little worn down, but under new ownership so I'd imagine it's in progress. The indoor pool was nice and clean, although changing rooms in there would be helpful when it's 4 degrees outside :) The first room we were given hadn't been turned over, but management quickly provided us another room and made sure we were taken care of. Only 3 minor issues: the greyhound stops there and you see a lot of lobby lizards (travelers asleep in lobby waiting for bus) and the beds don't have heavy comforters during winter and don't plan on the restaurant/bar being up and running. They opened the bar at 5 pm, but didn't open the kitchen. Not a steady operation. However; the breakfast was the best we've seen over the 9 hotels we've stayed the last two weeks. They had scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bacon, yogurt, fruit, cereal, waffles, juice and bread items. Enjoyed our stayed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jvesper1207
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We got in late after 10:00pm this place was like a maze to find your room. My son with the luggage cart going from unattached building unit to building unit on uneven side walks pushing a luggage cart. Past the indoor pool that was closed by now . A large whirlpool (looked 2nd hand) in some plastic wrap yet to be installed outside the pool area. I go around with the car through a dirt and and hole filled parking lot to find our unit the very last unit away from the office. I go look for my son I hear a cart scrapping down a sidewalk all of a sudden I see my son come out of a hallway saying''where is our room"? I respond "it's this way" in the last unit the 3rd room from the very end of the separate building unit". Where I parked the car is a cement wall up to my knees to get into the units door. The ONLY break in the wall is way down the other end it would have BEEN IMPOSSIBLE to get luggage in this way Not over wall and too far to carry from walkway. The units outside room was being propped open and ANYONE could come into the unit NO SECURITY!!! We entered our room which SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN RENTED OUT BECAUSE THE ROOM SECURITY LOOK WAS BROKEN OFF. Only the lock on the door knob worked. WE FELT VERY UNSAFE HERE. I called the front desk about feeling unsafe here and the young woman (aprox.23yrs. old) from the front desk came down to look at the problems. I showed her the outside building door that was propped open and she tried to close it but it would not close. She tried to assure me that "this is Laramie not Chicago and the police station is just over there" pointing out the broken door. Our rooms big window is cracked, train tracks outside window and a flea market building next door. In the bathroom there is rust and mold in the shower the bathroom needs repainting the faucet had two separate handles which you really couldn't get cold water they were squeaky and keep dripping. Phone in room is filthy, animal hair on desk chair. The bedding had a strong perfumed smell that got nauseating. In the morning breakfast a girl was bringing breakfast items from her trunk into the lobby at 8:55 am breakfast end at 9:30am. They use the old restaurant area for the breakfast. They had four types of cold cereal the dispensers had piles of cereal in the drop tray under the cereal dispenser. Gravy NO biscuits divided tray only has crumbs where there were biscuits in another try were reheated potatoes cubes and dried up scrambled egg crumbs I ask for more eggs and I am told they are:out of eggs: and it's now ONLY 9:10am breakfast is suppose to go till 9:30am!!! They had a waffle machine and syrup and toast and bagels and a toaster.

Room Tip: If you like trains (like we do) get a back unit building room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Toilet didn't work...I had to take the lid off and flush it manually
Room was cold. WIFI didn't work

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My fiance and I stopped in at 1 in the morning after driving from Dallas TX on our way to Utah. Despite some technical issues, we were quickly settled into a room. It was a little retro but clean and well heated. The door stuck pretty badly but that would be my only complaint. We were close to the train tracks but my fiance wasn't bothered by any noise and I only heard it briefly before falling asleep. The rate was beyond reasonable and we were impressed by the breakfast selection. I actually work for a competing hotel chain and I would still recommend this Ramada.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple