“Good staff, fair accomodations”
Review of Ramada Laramie

Reviewed 17 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen F
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Before I left home I booked several hotels to stay at along the way. I looked for places that were cheap, but offered a good place to sleep for the night. I chose the Ramada in Laramie for this reason. The place looked a little run down on the outside. The rooms were clean, and decently furnished, though the bathroom had a little mold in its bathtub area. The only negative issue I had was with the AC. It thumped like a jackhammer all night. I guess i could have gone and complained, but I was tired and I didn't pay much for the room, anyway. The bed was comfortable. Except for the AC the place was quiet. The staff was pleasant. Oh yes, compared to the other free breakfasts I had during my trip this motel had one of the best. Oh, if wasn't fantastic by any means, but it did offer hash browns, eggs, sausage, and a variety of other items like cereal, waffles, breads. I believe there was an indoor pool. For being so cheap the Ramada was a decent place to stay for one night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2014

When we first walked into the room we thought that they may have made a mistake and given us a smoking room. No, it was just a strong musty smell, not smoke. This motel is located right next to the noisy I80 Interstate on one side and the railroad on the other. The train blows their horn as they pass every 20 minutes.
The exterior doors at the end of each hallway are not secure, or even have any way to close tight without a latch. However, every time anyone goes through the door it slams against the frame and echos down the hall and into any room nearby. The walls are very thin, we could hear our neighbors every move and even using their bathroom. The room was in need or repair too. The shower dripped all night, and needed the insert re-glued to the wall. It also had mildew along the tub top edge. We had a packet of decaf coffee in the room but no regular or even a coffee maker.
The bed was uncomfortable and left us stiff in the morning.
The breakfast was good. The staff was friendly.
The rate was one of the lowest in town. Now I know why.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We were in town for a dog show, so we needed a pet friendly hotel. Obviously this is not a 5 star hotel, but the price reflects the quality. It was clean, very large room, and easy access to grass- all important items when traveling with dogs. The price was extremely reasonable. There were cosmetic items that needed attention - cracked grout around tub, phone that worked occasionally, torn upholstery, a door that was really hard to open. But the bed was the best I've found in a long time. All in all, it was a good value for what we wanted.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here in early May 2014 for daughters graduation. Just pulling into the parking lot was a huge warning, giant potholes, enormous wires hanging from building along with partial chunks of cement strewn about. I do have to say the front desk person was very nice and helpful..that is the only positive. One of our rooms had chunks of plaster falling into the tub and the non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke. We were given another room which was better. All in all it is not a good example of a Ramada.... at all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family