“Clean and quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
Boulder, CO
“Clean and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were here for one night, two families traveling together. The room was very clean, the bathroom looked recently remodeled. Just what we needed for the beginning of our road trip! It might have been our GPSs (both of them!), but we had to wonder a little bit to find the entrance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank anna c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Having covered most of Nebraska and Eastern Wyoming in one day, I was ready to shack up for the night. I was very happy to see a very well maintained Motel 6 property upon my arrival. When I checked in the staff were friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable. The room was clean, modern, and quiet. It is obvious that the management and staff take their commitment to service seriously. If I'm in Laramie for another overnight I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Travelin_Yankee_68
Scottsdale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Do not be fooled by the rather strange neighborhood in which you will find this hotel. Like many similar motels, it's on the wrong side of the freeway and you might have some difficulties finding the correct route to its entrance. (For those who are worried about safety, there a police station next to it.) Extremely easy to get to downtown Laramie, a nice college town. Cheyenne is only one hour's drive away. Plenty of national forests and parks.
The hotel itself has recently been refurbished and that makes it worth its money. (Not the cheapest Motel 6 I've ever been to, but the prices in all the hotels of the area seem to be rather high.)
But if anything made my recent visit outstanding, it was the way the receptionist (Roxanne?) welcomed me to the hotel. Not that fake hotel friendliness, just real Wyoming warmth. It made me feel at home.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Hillsboro, OR
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

The area where this motel 6 is located is seedy at best. I have stayed at other Motel 6 and been OK with them for stops on the road to somewhere else. This one was one of the worst. They also jacked up their prices to $110 a night because of an event in town, so I was particularly dissatisfied. I'm not at all sure that the sheets had been washed. Lighting was poor. The beds were exceptionally uncomfortable. We kept it down to 6 hours there, and it seemed like too much.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Laramie hotels

Belfair, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

After staying in a dive in Twin Falls after reading good reviews we were pleasantly surprised with the quality of this motel. Newly remodeled bathrooms and freshly painted rooms. The receptionist was extremely pleasant and nice.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Casper, Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed two nights as for our grandsons high school graduation. The room was clean, The beds were somewhat comfortable. Having received a senior discount for our stay the cost was reasonable, however the normal rate of 115.00 per night is way out of line! The hotels in Laramie adjust their rates according to events taking place at the time,(university of Wyo) and that seems to be unfair to the average traveler.
Despite this issue, the staff is very friendly and accommodating, going out of their way to please!

Room Tip: Research and compare rooms and rates in Laramie!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrea K, General Manager at Motel 6 Laramie, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond I do appricate all feedback in regaurds to my property.
I am confused at the rate that you have posted. We have not changed our rates for these events and have only set the rate for our normal season. The only way it would have been this rate is if you would of had two rooms with two adults each in them. The total for one room for the two nights would have been around the rate you quoted is possible and quite resonalbe for this time of year. We strive to keep our rates low and quality high for an overall great stay.
Port Huron, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The room looks to have been remodeled and would have been ok to stay the night. When I checked in I should have noticed the fans running in the lobby ( hint ) The clerk at the desk was courteous ( Anthony ), however he failed to tell me that the central air was not working. It was 96* in Laramie, so the room was hot. I just knew that I was going to have a restless night, so I went to the front desk and was given a prompt refund. I rated the service poor for not telling me the air conditioning was not working. Another thing I would like to add here they actually charge you $2.99 plus tax for WIFI and the WIFI is slow !

Room Tip: Ask if the environmental controls are functioning properly before checking in. Apparently according...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business