“Great Hotel Experience”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Laramie
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Laramie
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We are members of Marriott Rewards and always try to find a hotel in the Marriott chain.

We stayed at Fairfield Inn & Suites Laramie on Fri Feb 28, 2014. Our check in was quick and effortless. The room was warm, clean, and quiet. The bed was super comfortable and Breakfast the next morning was fresh and tasty. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to Laramie.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Shivam P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Laramie, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Carl F,

Thank you for letting others know about your experience at our hotel. We're glad to see that you enjoyed our property and that we will be your top choice the next time you're in Laramie.

Sincerley,

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stay at the Fairfield Inn's very often, and they are always my first choice in Laramie Wyoming. It is always a comfortable, warm, and friendly atmosphere. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I love the beds and my head just sinks into the pillow. Breakfast in the morning is above what most of the competition offers and is a great start to my day. The host of my stay typically offers breakfast, but I choose to have breakfast at the hotel because the environment is more comfortable and appealing. It is easy to make my reservation, and easy to check out. Nice to have no hassles.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Shivam P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Laramie, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Robert B,

Thank you for the feedback! It's always nice to hear when guests enjoy our property. Especially when it's a newer feature of our property. We just switched to Marriott's full hot breakfast in August and we have gotten many compliments on the new offerings. Again, thank you for your time and all of us here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott of Laramie, WY hope that you choose us the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Typical excellent Marriott bed - Room was super clean. Breakfast bar was terrific with all the amenities. (I suggest they get rid of the instant oatmeal and install a nice big pot of it). Got a chance to use the fitness center (new equipment, tight quarters) with a great view. I was amazed at the quiet, being so close to I-80, and slept soundly.

Room Tip: I had room 202 - and enjoyed the corner spot. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Shivam P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Laramie, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear MBSwietz,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you thought of our property. We're glad that you enjoyed our property's full hot breakfast as well as our modern fitness facilities. It's also nice to see that you enjoyed the property's quietness as well as the ease of access to the interstate. Again, I'd like to thank you for taking time out of your day and we will consider your reccomencations for our property.

Sincerly,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

As noted by other travelers, the beds are quite nice. You'll need more blankets, though; check your window to assure no one has left it cracked open, as ours was. Rooms are plain and small, but nice enough.

Service on check-in was poor - a trainee was suffering under the rude dictates of a surly trainer. This is the lesson I learned - DO let the manager on duty know your concerns. It made me feel better, and hopefully addressed the problem.

The common areas are lovely - just hope they address the staff issue.

Room Tip: Check to see if construction is going on to the north - it will wake you up at 7 a.m.!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Shivam P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Laramie, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear PBandJ2003,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing. I have spoken with the employee that checked you in and I can assure you that this issue will be issued at our front desk meeting that I'm conducting to curb this issue with our property. As a general manager, it is very disappointing to see my staff handling customer service in this manner. I try and stress good customer service to all my employees but I looks as though I need to have a talk with my staff. Thank you very much for letting us know about your stay and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights (Rm 127). The beds were soft and fairly comfortable, however the beds come with very thin blankets. We called and got extra blankets and they brought them to our room right away. Our tissue dispenser was also empty so we had to request more. When we got back to my room the evening of the second day, no maid service had been done at all. I called the front desk and they seemed confused and didn't know why the maid hadn't been in there. They brought some fresh towels but they looked they had just been pulled out of a wrinkled pile. The most annoying thing about the room was the strobe-like blinking light right above my bed on the ceiling coming from the smoke detector. Not just a little led, but bright flashing. I had to sleep with a pillow over my head all night. The alarm clock had a bright light on the top of it, so the second night we unplugged it. We stayed on the first floor. If you stay here, I would suggest asking for a room on the second floor, because we heard loud walking above us very early in the morning. Loud enough to keep waking me up over and over in the morning (before 7 am).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear BowTown,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us know how you felt about your stay. I am extremely disappointed in the performance of my staff and the service they provided you during your stay. This is not how I like to operate my hotels and I will make sure to address this issue during our next housekeeping meeting. Again, thank you for your time and we will definitely make sure that your next stay will be a more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

OK place in an out-of-the-way location near I-80. This is a clean, basically comfortable I-80 layover spot. The heating unit was noisy. The breakfast included had the usual array of cereals, yogurt, oatmeal, waffle, bagel, toast and cream cheese. The scrambles eggs were typical overdone, but for some reason, the chef cooked the bacon dry and amazingly low on the grease. If you stay here, be careful of the numerous flow of trucks moving to and from the South from the truck stop, especially when exiting from I-80 when headed West. They can come out of a blind spot...quickly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Shivam P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Laramie, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Charles043,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to let us know how were doing. I am dissappointed to see that our eggs were not done to proper standards. I have spoken to my breakfast host and made her aware of your concern (and maybe the concern of other guests who have not spoken out). The traffic around here can get a little hectic, especially in the morning when everyone is trying to get on the road and we'll make sure to make guests aware of that from now on. On that note, I'd like to thank you for pointing out that our hotel is close to I-80. One of the draws to our property is that we are the best option for travelers that are looking for a quick stay in Laramie due to the fact that we are the only hotel of this quality so close to the interstate. I'd like to thank you again for your time. And everyone here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott of Laramie, WY hope you choose to stay here the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I love this hotel!! We thought it was brand new, but it was built in 2008. It's very well maintained and looks new! Our room was fantastic and it was the best hotel bed I've ever slept in!!

One of the things I loved the most was that all of the employees were wearing University of Wyoming shirts. I thought it was a nice touch and felt very personal. My family also loved the school spirit. We were there on a football weekend and we had a blast! The staff were incredibly friendly and super helpful! I can't say anything to make the visit better.

The elevators are a little slow when everyone is checking out in the morning, but otherwise everything was perfect! I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: We had a king suite on the front side of the hotel and it was nice. Very sunny in the morning, but...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Shivam P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Laramie, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear irishfaith,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let us know how we're doing. I recently took over the general management duties for the hotel and I'm implementing a more fun and customer service oriented culture. We're very excited to see that you like our new culture. Wyoming home games are some of the most fun weekends that guests come to Laramie for and we're glad that our staff could make your stay that much more enjoyable. I'll see what I can do about the elevator and hopefully the next time you choose to stay at our property you won't experience the same wait for the elevator. Again I'd like to thank you for your time and I hope you choose the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott of Laramie, WY the next time you're in town visiting or for another home game. Go Pokes!

Sincerly,