“Clean, easy to find”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
lethab2000
“Clean, easy to find”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

After driving 10.5 hours along I-80 all I wanted was to eat and sleep. The hotel was clean,pet friendly, and easy to find off the interstate. The staff was very friendly. This is a no frills place , but I slept great and they had hot coffee in the morning.

Room Tip: Walk across the parking lot to the Mexican place, it was great.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank lethab2000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sacramento, Calif.
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stopped here for the night on a drive through Wyoming on our way to California from Indiana. The rate was rock bottom, so I didn't expect much. I definitely didn't expect to get a comfortable bed, free wifi, flat screen TV, microwave, fridge, and coffee machine for about the cost of what I usually pay for a 2-person meal in Sacramento.

I only wish all the hotels/motels we stayed in during the trip were such a great value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TheFear
Layton, Utah
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We recently stopped in Laramie and rented two rooms from the Motel 8. I was fairly leary about it, but choices were very limited that Saturday evening and the motel had received decent ratings.

Upon arrival, the lady behind the desk seemed a little overwhelmed. All the hotels in Cheyenne were booked due to Cheyenne Days, which (I believe) drove more traffic to the hotels in Laramie. Fairly long line of drive-up customers. When it got to my turn, she was nice but looked very tired.

The rooms were what you'd expect from a budget motel. The big plus, however, was the cleanliness of both rooms. The bathrooms especially were very clean. Whoever they have hired to clean the rooms is doing an excellent job. This is what mattered most to us.

The decor and furniture were dated. The beds were comfortable, and again -- clean.

No frills at this place. Don't expect breakfast or a swimming pool. This is not the Marriott or even a Holiday Inn Express. Expect a budget rate and clean room -- that should be good enough.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bill J
Laramie, Wyoming
Reviewed 10 July 2013

First the good stuff to report. I stayed here for one week. Received great service at check in and the weekly rate is one of the best in Laramie. My first impression of the room was fantastic. I am just a single guy, who needed a clean bed and place to stay for awhile, and this room was filling the billet just fine. The towels in the bathroom had such a nice smell to them. The shower function was great. Good TV. Good bed. All was going well. Now the not so good stuff. That first night someone started knocking on my door at about 15 minutes till 1 am in the morning. Persisted in doing this for up to 15 minutes. I don't know about you folks, but I don't open my doors to strangers, and especially at a motel. Reported to front office staff. They said they would look into it. So this was a bit nerve racking. Night number two and lots of commotion outside the room. People taking pictures and such and almost seemed like a prostitution scam was being lined up for the night. Night three, and a couple that was living there long term got into a heated domestic fight. Had to call front desk to report this, and they called the police. Police came and all got calm. Group of young hispanic workers kept throwing (and breaking) beer bottles all around. I had to pay a security deposit of $200.00 when I checked in. The paperwork I signed stated that I would get the refund within 48 hours of my departure. Day number 6 coming up, and I still do not have this deposited money back. Again, the staff is friendly enough, I just think that they are a bit deceptive about what they know goes on at their motel, particularly regarding those who stay a week or more. When I told front desk staff that I was a bit unnerved staying on the back side of the motel, they said that they could not move me to another room because I was staying for a week, even though the place would rarely get full capacity lodging. Great Mexican restaurant within a five minute walk.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Keith H
Laramie, Wyoming
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Staying at this hotel has always been great until there was a problem. My microwave was broken and with 100 rooms empty the young desk person refused to let me switch the broken one for a working model. And although I am injured, she suggested that I walk two buildings away to let her warm my food and if I became hungry in the night I could drag my injured self up again and go to the desk. When I asked if maybe a one night person could trade with me, she threatened to call the police if I asked anyone. Sweet huh? And this on a holiday. That will teach me to ask that appliances work in a room I am paying for.

Room Tip: go to another motel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank theythreatenyou
Elmhurst, Illinois
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stopped here driving through to Reno. The price was really great and they are pet friendly with a pet fee of only $5 I was nervous staying here because the outside looks a little sketchy but I am so happy we did the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JesCurry
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I told folks from my company that they should open a contract with Motel 8 in Laramie. It's located next to a Mexican restaurant and a Sushi restaurant and also has kitchenettes for a very reasonable monthy rate. It's no more than 5 miles from almost anywhere in Laramie. I was there for about 3 months and never had a problem with the cleaning staff or with missing items or money. I had to leave a note if I left a tip or they wouldn't take it even if it was obvious. Since I was there monthly, they would only enter my room on Mondays to change my bedding and towels. I would stay there again and I have recommended it to other co-workers.

Room Tip: No preference but always wear slippers!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business