“First impressions say a lot. Terrible front desk girl, Becka”
Review of Motel 8 Laramie

Motel 8 Laramie
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Laramie
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Travelocity had a 10% off with this hotel. The front desk girl Becka would NOT honor it, not only that she was very arguementitive and disrespectful. When I showed her the deal on my phone, she proceeded to tell me how to cancel and rebook, but still did NOT honor it. We paid the price and stayed there. The rooms were fair , no flat screen for us, and I just read someone else's review that the girl gave them a discount for the second floor. We also requested 1st fl, but only second floor was available. No problem... But, definitely no discount. She wouldn't even honor the Travelocity rate!!!! Wouldn't stay again , due to service. When people are looking to get a stop off the road , friendly faces make a difference. BAD ATTITUDE!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Mearas

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The motel wasn't the worst we've stayed in... the beds, floors, and bathrooms seemed clean enough. Our 2 children thought it smelled bad. The biggest complaint we had was that there were 3 or 4 men in the next couple of rooms (workers for an oil company), actually directly out our window, drinking and partying until after midnight. The amount of beer bottles left outside was quite disturbing and they were loud and disrespectful to anyone else around. It was so bad we wanted to call the police but were afraid they would know it was us who called.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DennisJr78
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Excellent Location. Very close to I80 freeway. Very close to downtown restaurants.

Accepts pets. I think they have a $5 pet fee, forgot if it's per stay or per night. Likely per stay. I booked through orbitz so it appears I didn't get charged for the pet fee anymore.

- Very good, didn't feel like a budget service. I asked to microwave 2 things, done. I lock myself out of the room, got another key. Asked for recommendations, given options plus map.
- Not as formal, pretty casual. Don't expect a uniformed clerk.

Room
- Dated fixtures
- TV was updated, flat screen (it's cheaper to update TVs these days than furnitures)
- Surprisingly clean sheets for a motel
- :-( sadly, several mosquitoes I had to kill
- Quiet even if it's close to the freeway
- No microwave, but the front desk can microwave food for you.

Bathroom
- Dated
- Excellent clean, white bath towels. Might even be better than some mid-range hotels I've stayed in.
- Need some TLC, especially the tub/shower area. Flaked tub.
- A little smelly (pee stain or like old folks (sorry-just being as factual and descriptive as possible) type of smell

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The room was clean with no issues nice LCD TV and free fast WIFI all at a great rate. The girl at the front desk was very pleasant and efficient. Average bathroom living area makes up for that, I would stay here again !

Room Tip: The clerk gave me a small discount because the room was upstairs...Thank you
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2014

It was really hard finding a nice place to rest but we found this hotel to be very clean, comfortable and affordable. I was 8 months pregnant and thus very concern with the cleanliness and comfort of a hotel bed. But this hotel surprised me and I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2014

After driving 10.5 hours along I-80 all I wanted was to eat and sleep. The hotel was clean,pet friendly, and easy to find off the interstate. The staff was very friendly. This is a no frills place , but I slept great and they had hot coffee in the morning.

Room Tip: Walk across the parking lot to the Mexican place, it was great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank lethab2000
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stopped here for the night on a drive through Wyoming on our way to California from Indiana. The rate was rock bottom, so I didn't expect much. I definitely didn't expect to get a comfortable bed, free wifi, flat screen TV, microwave, fridge, and coffee machine for about the cost of what I usually pay for a 2-person meal in Sacramento.

I only wish all the hotels/motels we stayed in during the trip were such a great value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple