“Older, but comfortable - GREAT shower heads!!”
Review of Motel 8 Laramie

Motel 8 Laramie
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
“Older, but comfortable - GREAT shower heads!!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I guess we all have our little issues that can make or break a stay at any hotel. One of mine is pillows - too many places machine wash them to a lumpy consistency that makes them unusable - so I bring my own. The other big one for me is shower heads - seems like most flow either too little water or feel like pins & needles unless you turn the water pressure down. At this very reasonably priced, older motel - they have heads called Oxygenics - I never heard of them before, but ran out & bought one as soon as I got home!! What a pleasure!! As for the rest of the stay here - it was more than acceptable. Clean, comfortable with very nice folks at the front office. I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank peachtree287

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Travelocity had a 10% off with this hotel. The front desk girl Becka would NOT honor it, not only that she was very arguementitive and disrespectful. When I showed her the deal on my phone, she proceeded to tell me how to cancel and rebook, but still did NOT honor it. We paid the price and stayed there. The rooms were fair , no flat screen for us, and I just read someone else's review that the girl gave them a discount for the second floor. We also requested 1st fl, but only second floor was available. No problem... But, definitely no discount. She wouldn't even honor the Travelocity rate!!!! Wouldn't stay again , due to service. When people are looking to get a stop off the road , friendly faces make a difference. BAD ATTITUDE!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Mearas

Travellers are raving about these Laramie hotels

Tecumseh, Oklahoma
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The motel wasn't the worst we've stayed in... the beds, floors, and bathrooms seemed clean enough. Our 2 children thought it smelled bad. The biggest complaint we had was that there were 3 or 4 men in the next couple of rooms (workers for an oil company), actually directly out our window, drinking and partying until after midnight. The amount of beer bottles left outside was quite disturbing and they were loud and disrespectful to anyone else around. It was so bad we wanted to call the police but were afraid they would know it was us who called.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DennisJr78
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Excellent Location. Very close to I80 freeway. Very close to downtown restaurants.

Accepts pets. I think they have a $5 pet fee, forgot if it's per stay or per night. Likely per stay. I booked through orbitz so it appears I didn't get charged for the pet fee anymore.

- Very good, didn't feel like a budget service. I asked to microwave 2 things, done. I lock myself out of the room, got another key. Asked for recommendations, given options plus map.
- Not as formal, pretty casual. Don't expect a uniformed clerk.

Room
- Dated fixtures
- TV was updated, flat screen (it's cheaper to update TVs these days than furnitures)
- Surprisingly clean sheets for a motel
- :-( sadly, several mosquitoes I had to kill
- Quiet even if it's close to the freeway
- No microwave, but the front desk can microwave food for you.

Bathroom
- Dated
- Excellent clean, white bath towels. Might even be better than some mid-range hotels I've stayed in.
- Need some TLC, especially the tub/shower area. Flaked tub.
- A little smelly (pee stain or like old folks (sorry-just being as factual and descriptive as possible) type of smell

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Port Huron, Michigan
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The room was clean with no issues nice LCD TV and free fast WIFI all at a great rate. The girl at the front desk was very pleasant and efficient. Average bathroom living area makes up for that, I would stay here again !

Room Tip: The clerk gave me a small discount because the room was upstairs...Thank you
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 April 2014

It was really hard finding a nice place to rest but we found this hotel to be very clean, comfortable and affordable. I was 8 months pregnant and thus very concern with the cleanliness and comfort of a hotel bed. But this hotel surprised me and I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
lethab2000
Reviewed 2 February 2014

After driving 10.5 hours along I-80 all I wanted was to eat and sleep. The hotel was clean,pet friendly, and easy to find off the interstate. The staff was very friendly. This is a no frills place , but I slept great and they had hot coffee in the morning.

Room Tip: Walk across the parking lot to the Mexican place, it was great.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business