“Good hotel”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed here on a trip to Orientation at University of Wyoming with my daughter. She was on campus for the night and I was by myself. Front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. Room was clean, large, bed was o.k., but nothing fancy. Did have microwave and fridge. Breakfast was good I just had yogurt and cereal but there were several options including hot items. Basic lodging. Doors seemed to clang shut down the hall which prevented me from sleeping several times. In room A/C was very loud.

Room Tip: Stay away from stairwells in room choice.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Howard, Colorado
Reviewed 16 June 2013

From the time we checked in until the time we checked out everything was just right. The front desk staff was always pleasant telling me that there is great leadership at this hotel. The room was very clean and very well maintained. The complimentary breakfast had everything that satisfies even the most discriminating traveler. We really enjoyed the pool area with an adequately sized pool and hot tub. The pool area was very clean with lots of towels. The hotel leadership has broke the code on what is important to travelers. We will be back in July for a 2-day stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
ComfortInn-Laramie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you so very much for the review. It is great to here that the staff treated you so well. I am looking forward to seeing you in July.
Louisville, Mississippi
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed here after our flight into Denver on our way to the Tetons. The beds were nice and comfy, and our room was super clean. I would certainly stay here again if I happen to be in the area. The breakfast was really good also. As a Southerner, it's always good to find good tasting gravy at breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Breck70
Thank you so very much for leaving such a nice review.l It is good to see that the staff did a wonderful job. I will be sharing this review with them at our next staff meeting. Thanks again.
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Very nice little property on the crowded main drag into Laramie. Everything went well--checked all the boxes, up to and including a just-a-little-nicer exercise room.

Except for the charge for the safe. There is a small sign, to one side of the check-in desk, that I only noticed because the clerk had to take a phone call and I had a moment to look around. Two bucks added to your bill to use the ridiculous little "safe" tucked in the bottom of the armoire in the room, deleted if you don't use the safe and ask in advance to have it deleted.

Come on, folks. I haven't seen this particular little wheeze used for over ten years.

It's like going out with someone for a lovely dinner, and everything goes perfectly right up to the end of the evening. On the way out, you see your date swipe the tip off the table, out of the corner of your eye. Petty, unnecessary, and off-putting. So take off a point.

Room Tip: Watch out for the in-room safe charge.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank AdAstraPerEmentitus
ComfortInn-Laramie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
I am happy to hear that you stay with us was overall positive.

On the save charge, the Front Desk Agent should have explained that we will take the charge off no questions asked, if you let us know that you didn't use the safe. I will be going over this procedure with all of my staff at the next meeting

Please give me a call at the hotel and I would be more than happy to refund the cost of the safe.
Chatham, IL
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stopped for the night and with my Gold Rewards card, I got upgraded to a king suite for only $5 more. Good Bed and wi-fi and great hot breakfast including sausage, eggs, waffles. Several restaurants in the area and a Walmart about a mile away. I 'll stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
ComfortInn-Laramie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Ron S,

Thanks you so much for submitting feedback about your experience at the Comfort Inn Laramie. The entire staff here strives to mack every guest feel at home and it is good to see that we succeeded with your stay.

Hope to see you soon,
Tracy Malone
Roseau
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The staff was very friends and helpful when we were looking for things to do in the area. Breakfast was great and our room was very spacious. Our room was right over the breakfast area but was very quiet - super great place to stay for a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Room 201 was very large quiet room.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Penny E
Dayton
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I thought I booked a room here on my Droid phone while we drove across WY. We arrived and Taylor was checking in a gentleman who arrived without reservations and took 4 rooms for his business travels. We were next and we did not have a reservation. We had a gentleman behind us and it was evident that he did have a reservation...we told him to go ahead and he had was checked in and had a key in just minutes. Taylor than came back to our problem...no reservations. She was able to get us a room we thought we had reserved, while helping a registered guest get into his room, answer the phone and solve our problem. She never lost her cool and she was absolutely professional in solving all the problems. We enjoyed our stay, the beds were wonderful and the breakfast was great!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple