“Great night sleep...!”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
Michigan
“Great night sleep...!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We slept quite well...happy to have gotten a room..we were just passing through and apparently a conference was taking place in town, leaving a room anywhere almost laughable...no really .. one clerk did laugh when I called for a room...anyways...I was happy with the front desk and their customer service, we were latecomers and two after us were in the same boat, never felt like we ere inconveniencing the staff. That is how we should feel, very welcomed...so great job on that. The breakfast was quite good, how can you complain when you can make your own waffle, eat eggs either hard boiled or scrambled, yes probably a mix so not fresh whipped eggs but I suppose that is standard, I went for the hard boiled...and my kids liked the sausage and toast, yogurt, the usual....we found the beds to be cozy and the room clean...what more could you need? The review that states this hotel was horrible may be comparing to a 5 star hotel, last I checked this is a chain called Comfort Inn...family friendly...not the Ritz Carlton

Room Tip: Pool was nice for kids, indoor and pretty clean, the hot tub was not used by us
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank murphy037

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Meridian, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We checked in Monday afternoon, June 3, 2013. Stayed one night - thankfully it was only one night. This Comfort Inn in Laramie, WY, was recently rated on TripAdvisor and on the Choice Hotel site with several stars and positive comments. Really? Because that would have to be a hotel other than this one on Grand Avenue.

We stayed right off the lobby in the handicap accessible room. There was a strong engine oil smell in the room. After several complaints, housekeeping sprays and keeping the window open all night, the smell was rank even in the morning. We turned off the air conditioner. Worse, upon checking into our room there was one towel and one washcloth - period. Complaining brought some towels and washcloths with an apology to provide some refund credit on the room. We received a $10 credit only AFTER getting the full charge bill, then complaining again, then asking for a receipt again. Wow. Amazing. No room to park at all - what was the hotel chain thinking when this license was granted?

Bed was too hard, halls narrow and dark. Shower did not work well. Very dated property in real need of so much. Breakfast was marginal at best. So, how in the blazes does this hotel even get a single "star", let alone several "spots"? It was not terrible - it was horrible!

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton or anywhere else - but don't pick the Comfort Inn in Laramie, Wyoming
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
ComfortInn-Laramie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to call into Choice Hotels to voice your concern over our stay with us on June 3, 2013 I was sorry to hear that your stay wasn’t up to our standards. I have gone over several of the issues you discussed with the staff when I first heard of them after your stay. The housekeeping issues where addressed with not only with the person that was assigned to your room, but also with the front desk staff on how better to handle the situation. I would like the opportunity to discuss with you the steps that where taken, as well as what I can do to make sure that this doesn’t happen again.

I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again soon. Thank you again for your comments and for choosing the Comfort Inn of Laramie.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed here on a trip to Orientation at University of Wyoming with my daughter. She was on campus for the night and I was by myself. Front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. Room was clean, large, bed was o.k., but nothing fancy. Did have microwave and fridge. Breakfast was good I just had yogurt and cereal but there were several options including hot items. Basic lodging. Doors seemed to clang shut down the hall which prevented me from sleeping several times. In room A/C was very loud.

Room Tip: Stay away from stairwells in room choice.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Howard, Colorado
Reviewed 16 June 2013

From the time we checked in until the time we checked out everything was just right. The front desk staff was always pleasant telling me that there is great leadership at this hotel. The room was very clean and very well maintained. The complimentary breakfast had everything that satisfies even the most discriminating traveler. We really enjoyed the pool area with an adequately sized pool and hot tub. The pool area was very clean with lots of towels. The hotel leadership has broke the code on what is important to travelers. We will be back in July for a 2-day stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
ComfortInn-Laramie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you so very much for the review. It is great to here that the staff treated you so well. I am looking forward to seeing you in July.
Louisville, Mississippi
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed here after our flight into Denver on our way to the Tetons. The beds were nice and comfy, and our room was super clean. I would certainly stay here again if I happen to be in the area. The breakfast was really good also. As a Southerner, it's always good to find good tasting gravy at breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Breck70
Thank you so very much for leaving such a nice review.l It is good to see that the staff did a wonderful job. I will be sharing this review with them at our next staff meeting. Thanks again.
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Very nice little property on the crowded main drag into Laramie. Everything went well--checked all the boxes, up to and including a just-a-little-nicer exercise room.

Except for the charge for the safe. There is a small sign, to one side of the check-in desk, that I only noticed because the clerk had to take a phone call and I had a moment to look around. Two bucks added to your bill to use the ridiculous little "safe" tucked in the bottom of the armoire in the room, deleted if you don't use the safe and ask in advance to have it deleted.

Come on, folks. I haven't seen this particular little wheeze used for over ten years.

It's like going out with someone for a lovely dinner, and everything goes perfectly right up to the end of the evening. On the way out, you see your date swipe the tip off the table, out of the corner of your eye. Petty, unnecessary, and off-putting. So take off a point.

Room Tip: Watch out for the in-room safe charge.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank AdAstraPerEmentitus
ComfortInn-Laramie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
I am happy to hear that you stay with us was overall positive.

On the save charge, the Front Desk Agent should have explained that we will take the charge off no questions asked, if you let us know that you didn't use the safe. I will be going over this procedure with all of my staff at the next meeting

Please give me a call at the hotel and I would be more than happy to refund the cost of the safe.
Chatham, IL
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stopped for the night and with my Gold Rewards card, I got upgraded to a king suite for only $5 more. Good Bed and wi-fi and great hot breakfast including sausage, eggs, waffles. Several restaurants in the area and a Walmart about a mile away. I 'll stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
ComfortInn-Laramie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Ron S,

Thanks you so much for submitting feedback about your experience at the Comfort Inn Laramie. The entire staff here strives to mack every guest feel at home and it is good to see that we succeeded with your stay.

Hope to see you soon,