“What a dump”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Laramie
Reviewed 24 June 2012

This place was terrible. The room smells, no hot water, carpet had crap stains. I went to complain and some Ukrainiane that owns the place tells me if I do not like and to leave. I demanded my money back he refuses. I called the ops, I even took them to my room to show what a pigsty it was. The cops said it was a civil matter, I had to leave and go to another hotel.

Do not stay here. I will never stay in any other econo-crap again.

Room Tip: Do Not stay here. Terrible. Theses Ukrainians hate Americans.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 May 2012

I had a great stay it was clean and affordable. The desk clerk even helped me print out my boarding pass and helped me with my luggage i will stay here again. Also there breakfast is A+ seems as they go way above the standards.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This place is very disorganized and not one employee is on the same page with each other. My husband stayed there and paid for 2 nights,.He paid with cash and was not given a receipt he told employee he wanted a receipt . After the 1st night he was told he hadn't paid for multiple nights. When he confronted the employee with a receipt that employee was rude and threatened to kick my husband out.. This employee is about 20 and very disrespectful. The room is old , grungy , dirty and in need of repairs, and the house keeping has alot ot be desired. We have asked to talk to the manager but would not be given his number. It would be a waste of time and money to stop at this place. After dealing with this idiot my husband went and packed up his stuff and left opting not to stay even though he had paid for the room. Save yourself the disrespect and aggravation and keep driving right by this place.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Everything is dirty, the fitness room is a joke (it has 2 1990s era machines) ice machines don't work and honestly im worried about my car out side... I have stayed in bad places before but this tops them all.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Customer service was very good both on the phone making the reservation and at teh front desk checking in. I wish they would have mentioned the continental breakfast at check-in. A/C worked well and the room was neat and comfortable, but the pool wasn't working.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2010

I checked in for one night stay, just to catch a little sleep and get back onto the road early... I told the desk I'd be leaving early in the morning... I left at 3 AM... No one was at front desk so I left the key card on dresser... They charged me for two nights vs the one night I actually stayed... I returned from my trip and called the Econo Lodge in Laramie, WY... I've been trying to get the money refunded for three weeks now and still haven't got the money back into my account. Beware travelers...

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2010

We spent the night here on our way to Yellowstone, and chose this property so we could get Choice Privileges points. It fit our budget, and we knew we would enjoy the indoor pool and free wi-fi after a long day on the road.

Unfortunately, the pool was closed due to a broken part, and the wi-fi signal didn't reach our room on the end of the first floor. I managed to get a signal by sitting in the lobby.

Breakfast was OK, but the free US Today we were supposed to get never arrived. The desk clerk said they usually arrived late, but there weren't any available the night before either - and the motel was not full as far as we could tell.

Usually, we enjoy staying with Choice Hotels, but this was a disappointing experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family