“AC electrical hazard, No amenities operational”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
MN
“AC electrical hazard, No amenities operational”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed here because Choice Hotels have always been adequate to excellent. Had a reservation because rodeo in Cheyenne was filling rooms for 150 miles. Checked in 3:00 and asked why the pool had closed sign. Was told "adding water" may be open later. The first room he gave us the refrigerator was not even cool so we moved all our gear (rode in on motorcycle) back down the stairs (no elevator) to another room. This frig was cool but not cold. After getting all unpacked and back from dinner, I asked about the advertised fitness center. Was told that is closed to get new equipment, pool still closed. Strike three. Tried to turn on the AC as the temp that day had been over 95. Discovered bare wires hanging from the wall where outlet should be, plaster on the floor, and then saw that the plug in had only two prongs as the third had been melted completely away. I went to the front desk and asked for a manager. After I explained all the problems to the clerk and asked for a partial refund, was told he would call the manager and let me know. I could not speak to him. Clerk called me back and offered to give us another room. We declined because of fatigue and all the things we would have to move, and the fitness center and pool still wouldn't be open. He said ,"Oh, the pool has been open" I told him it might be prudent then to remove the closed sign. This was 5 hours after I had twice asked him about the pool. Terrible service, fire hazard, and the only advertised ammenity delivered was the adequate breakfast. Will never stay at Econo Lodge again. I am trying to find out how to report this fire hazard.

Room Tip: Make sure and look it over good and try everything before paying.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pueblo CO
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Our room was very rundown and needed new paint, carpet, counter tops, etc. The carpet was filthy. The AC was barely adequate. But the linens seemed clean, and I saw no bugs. The only plus was a slightly above-the-basement continental breakfast that did have fresh waffles and boiled eggs. Otherwise, just toast and Danish, Tang, cereal and milk. I certainly don't plan to stay there again.

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Laramie hotels

Wataga, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2012

As we were preparing for our trip to Laramie, I had to find somewhere affordable and somewhere that had a few extras for what my family needed. The EconoLodge offered a room with cable, a small continental breakfast, and enough sleeping room for my family. We stayed in a room on the second floor (no elevator) with 3 queen beds in it. The bedspreads were stained, the sheets were stained, and the floor was stained. The bathroom was clean, and offered plenty of supplies for our family except for bath towels. The room was not large, but it worked for our two night stay. It was cheap! They did offer ice. The pool was okay-had a nice area to sit down and relax-no hot tub, and not heated. They did have swim towels in the pool room. Access was not granted to the workout room. The front desk clerk spoke very little english and was not friendly-hope you dont have to deal with him much!! The breakfast was good. Small, but good. It offered cold cereal, make your own waffles, a few pastries, coffee, orange juice, milk, and oatmeal and toast. If you don't have high expectations, it was worth the $79 a night we paid for 6 of us.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Chicago
Reviewed 24 June 2012

This place was terrible. The room smells, no hot water, carpet had crap stains. I went to complain and some Ukrainiane that owns the place tells me if I do not like and to leave. I demanded my money back he refuses. I called the ops, I even took them to my room to show what a pigsty it was. The cops said it was a civil matter, I had to leave and go to another hotel.

Do not stay here. I will never stay in any other econo-crap again.

Room Tip: Do Not stay here. Terrible. Theses Ukrainians hate Americans.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I had a great stay it was clean and affordable. The desk clerk even helped me print out my boarding pass and helped me with my luggage i will stay here again. Also there breakfast is A+ seems as they go way above the standards.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This place is very disorganized and not one employee is on the same page with each other. My husband stayed there and paid for 2 nights,.He paid with cash and was not given a receipt he told employee he wanted a receipt . After the 1st night he was told he hadn't paid for multiple nights. When he confronted the employee with a receipt that employee was rude and threatened to kick my husband out.. This employee is about 20 and very disrespectful. The room is old , grungy , dirty and in need of repairs, and the house keeping has alot ot be desired. We have asked to talk to the manager but would not be given his number. It would be a waste of time and money to stop at this place. After dealing with this idiot my husband went and packed up his stuff and left opting not to stay even though he had paid for the room. Save yourself the disrespect and aggravation and keep driving right by this place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Everything is dirty, the fitness room is a joke (it has 2 1990s era machines) ice machines don't work and honestly im worried about my car out side... I have stayed in bad places before but this tops them all.

• Stayed August 2011