“Geology Buffs, Check out the Museum”

University of Wyoming
Ranked #4 of 37 things to do in Laramie
More attraction details
Owner description: Wyoming's only 4-year institution of higher education.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I rode my bike to the UW campus to see what it is like. It is a nice collection of mostly older stone buildings on a large central grassy lawn. I stopped at the geology building to see if a friend of mine was there (he wasn"t) but discovered an amazing collection of fossils, collected mostly from the area. Some are massive, one taking up the whole central room of the exhibit. Others are slabs of rock often seen in other museums and some are parts and pieces of other dinosaurs. It is fascinating and I enjoyed my brief stay on campus.

1  Thank robertocollins

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is by far one of the best universities when it comes to friendliness. Absolutely everyone on campus was extremely helpful with anything you would ask them. The Student Union has a little bit of everything in it, from food to activities, and amazing resources.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Did you know that there is a Bug museums on campus? How about some dinosaurs? Take a stop to enjoy the free museums and enjoy a nice campus. Be careful where you park! Stop at the student union for info on all to see, and pick up a map. More

Reviewed 29 November 2013

The campus is park-like with a pleasant layout. Several buildings are in some phase of construction. Laboratories are plentiful and impressive. There is much happening in engineering.

1  Thank Henry M
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We went to a football game one night and we had a great time. The staduim is very fan friendly. You can get very close to the field. It's really clean and lots of fun. After the game you can go down on the field for autographs. Very nice!

They have a lot of great ideas - they have a shuttle that takes you in gold carts from the bottom to the top instead of walking up all the steps or walking up the ramps. This was very helpful for me because I had a recent back injury. The girls driving the carts were so nice and weren't allowed to take tips. The ushers for the seating were also super nice. It was freezing the night of our game and they were also not allowed to accept anything. I wanted to buy them some hot chocolate.

The parking was a little strange - they had several lots that were mostly empty, but they were permit parking only. They could have made money charging cars to park there. I know I would have paid! Instead we were forced to find street parking and walk a little way. Not too far, but with small kids and injured adults - parking closer would have been a little easier.

The stadium played the best music EVER!!!! The game was great! The Cowboys lost, but it was a great experience! I would love to go back!!!!