“Great Cup-a-Joe!”
Review of Coal Creek Coffee

Coal Creek Coffee
Ranked #1 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Laramie
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: An absolutely excellent coffee shop and more. Classic coffee shop karma, and some of the best roasted-right-there-coffee you could find anywhere! Been there many years and the locals love it, but visitors hardly know about it.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I enjoy great coffee - usually that's Starbucks. I found this place while on business in Laramie and really loved their coffee. I hit it two mornings in a row. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The staff at lunchtime seemed to be running around like headless chickens - the girl on the counter kept having to ask the guy behind her for prices and menu details, and got our order wrong, missing out an item I had paid for.

The table next to us was occupied by a guy who wasn't eating or drinking, just using the free Wi-Fi.

The Italian Soda was pretty dire and the pork soup looked like a stew with corn.

1  Thank wroughtironron
Reviewed 23 April 2014

In my previous review, I mentioned that this coffeehouse was overpriced, even higher than Starbucks. Well, now they have raised prices even more while the quality has gone downhill. Worse, they have taken over the building next door, opened a bar, and connected the coffeehouse to it, killing any coffeehouse vibe it once had. Local scuttlebutt heard from people sitting at the coffeehouse has it that one of the owners, who was Mayor, got a park built next door at public expense and had some scarce parking spaces removed so that a city bus would stop right there and the place would make more money. They also say that she got people who worked for the city, who she hired and gave raises when she was Mayor, to hire her to run the city pool at a high salary even though she was not qualified. (Dontcha just love small town corruption?) But regardless of all of the political stuff, can't recommend this joint at all anymore. Go to one of Laramie's real coffeehouses that aren't so focused on emptying your wallet.

2  Thank ITManager
Reviewed 12 April 2014

What a find! I was passing through Laramie as I relocated to the west coast, and happened on this place (thanks, Yelp). Excellent coffee! Really nice staff, but I was a little disappointed with the banana bread I had. It was dry, seemed old, and not very flavorful.

I'd still go back though, because the lovely barista made for me one of the best lattes I've ever had. Super think & velvety foam (with almond milk no less!) and perfectly pulled shots. I'll stay away from the banana bread, but maybe try some of their other goods, there seemed to be some good things.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Coffee selections are good and some interesting teas as well as other hot drinks. Snacks and pastries average, but realtively expensive. Good atmosphere and friendly staff if service is slow, so do not be in a hurry.

Been to Coal Creek Coffee? Share your experiences!