“I want to be a cowboy”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laramie
Vee Bar Guest Ranch
Wichita, Kansas, United States
“I want to be a cowboy”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is it; you can get as thorough a cowboy experience as you want. We attended a destination wedding and had a cabin 5 feet from the bubbling creek. Walking trails, good food, and lots of fresh air and mountains.

Room Tip: Rooms accommodate family of four or more.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was recently drug out to the Vee Bar for a wedding. And it was better than I could have expected.

As some background, I was named one of the fish most out of water as they plucked a city kid out of my rightful place. I can do beaches, but the country? Not so much.

That said, the Vee Bar was great. The staff is excellent. The location is beautiful. If you're looking for a dude ranch style experience, you don't need to look any farther.

Some small notes:

-there is internet in the lounge, but it's spotty and slow

-your cell phone likely won't work. T Mobile seemed to have better service out there than Verizon or AT&T.

-the water is pretty rough to drink. There's filtered water in the saloon, but you may also want to bring some bottled.

-the view from the riverside cabins is excellent!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank cpgecko
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2014

June 1 - 6, 2013. There are no words to describe how much I loved the Vee Bar.

A 2.5 hour drive from Denver airport should not deter you because that drive is also fabulous. We took the highway going up and the scenic route back.

Everything about the Vee Bar was top notch. Kari and Brent, their cute little daughter, the wranglers, the horses, FOOD - yum, the riverside cabins. The best.

I'd suggest bring lots of moisturizing lotion, sun screen and hats. The sun is strong at that altitude.

Room Tip: Any of the riverside cabins are great. The sound of the river lulled me to sleep every night.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank ShanaGray
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have always loved horses and riding and had always wanted to go to a dude ranch so, when I graduated high school my grandparents took my family to the Vee Bar as my present. I could not have asked for a better one! The time I spent at the Vee Bar with my family was one of the best times of my life. If I could pick one week of my life to relive over and over again, it would be that one. The scenery and location is awe inspiring! The horses and trail rides were fantastic!The people are absolutely incredible: it is a family business and it shows. By the end of the week you feel like you are part of their family. The cabins were cozy and comfortable. The food was delicious. I cannot possibly say enough good things about this place, the people there and they experience me and my family had there. It has been months since I was there and I still remember, think, and smile about that trip and the memories I have from it every day.

• Stayed June 2013
Pinedale, Wyoming
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Spent a weekend for a conference - Vee Bar had a fabulous setup. Food was great, loved the cabins and the facility worked beautifully. I took a long hike on the marked trail and saw pronghorn, whitetail deer, hawks and rabbits. Enjoyed the friendly horses in the pasture, too. Hope to return soon!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
london
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Went for adults week but due to other commitments and restrictive time we were only here 4 days, boy how we wished it was more. From the day we arrived and immediately out on the Wagon ride with 'live' music we felt perfectly at home and on Holiday, finishing with a Beer and cook your own steak night. The 4 of us have been Ranching once before , 12 years ago, but this was different class with a great varied program and the freedom to really ride out on the prairie :)
One day we drove a herd of cattle and finished with a bar-b-q and the 4 of us slept out at the camp , we will remember it always.
Thank you all so much for making it so special, Kari, Brent, Tommy, Tony, Dale, Maggie, Lori and all the staff, Bailey was a real star too.........she's 2 1/2 !!
We have been lucky enough to visit most parts of the world but Wyoming and VeeBar will live with us forever and we will do everything possible to be there for the whole week next year and just hope the 'new' friends we made with both other guests and staff will be there too !
Life's too short , get out to VeeBar , you really wont regret a moment :)
See you there, the Smiths.

Room Tip: We stayed in 4 and 5 , perfect, but they all looked perfect !
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank meisters
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We wanted an authentic ranching adventure having been to a resort ranch before. Veebar is the real deal. From the moment we entered until the second we left, we had an amazing time. Loping through the stunning Wyoming hills, camping out under the stars, tubing down the river outside our lovely little homely, cozy cabins. The food was delicious washed down with a beer in the saloon bar the saWe spent one day helping to herd cattle. What a day! I can't wait to get back and I want to be a cow girl! Thank you so much Kari and Brent.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laramie
Old Corral Hotel
Days Inn Laramie
Days Inn Laramie
#5 of 19 in Laramie
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Laramie - University of Wyoming

Been to Vee Bar Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!