“Wonderful Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laramie
Vee Bar Guest Ranch
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had an awesome experience at the Veebar Ranch last week. The staff was AWESOME, and did everything possible to make us feel like family. We loved the hose back riding too. My favorite part was the cattle drive where we learned some new riding techniques and had to work together in different ways. I highly recommend VeeBar.

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the river.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank David R

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I can't believe almost a year has passed since we were at the Vee Bar. Our memories are as vivid as though we were still there! We wish we were going back this summer! As we drove out of the ranch, my family declared, "That was the best vacation EVER!" That statement coming from our daughter and son, 14 and 12, who have traveled quite a bit to other exciting places. I planned our vacation at the Vee Bar with a list of "must haves" from my family. The Vee Bar fit every requirement I was given- and they did not disappoint. The riding was especially fantastic! My daughter who is an experienced rider, was challenged, and everyone enjoyed the rides every day. I don't know how they do it, but they fit the perfect horse for each rider. It is obvious that a lot of thought goes into everything that the folks at the Vee Bar do. Another huge positive was that three of the families that were there during our stay were repeat guests (many years)- I think that says a lot. I did a ton a research and kept coming back to the Vee Bar. You will not be disappointed! Great family vacation-we can't wait to go back and will do so in the next couple of years. Thank you to everyone at the Vee Bar for making our vacation such a memorable one!

Room Tip: We had a cabin on the river- loved it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mom2edmd
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We love the Vee bar. We had an amazing time. I can't wait until next year. They make you feel as close to family as they can. The staff is PHENOMENAL!! The horses are great and very sweet. The trails and rides take you on a trip of a lifetime. The view is awesome both on the trails and here at the ranch. You will have a great time at Vee bar.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I expected to enjoy myself at the retreat I attended at the Vee Bar Ranch. What I didn't anticipate was to fall in love with the owners Brent & Kari and their precious daughter Bailey, the wranglers, the rest of the staff, my horse CJ, the landscape, the stories, the cattle we herded, the wild mustangs, etc.! Just go! It's that simple. You will be changed forever by the experience. Their welcoming and accommodating way embraces you from the moment you walk in. These are real cowboys and cowgirls who work hard and yet find time to share stories, sing songs and make you feel like family.

Room Tip: I stayed in Cabin #1 with two friends. It was located along a river. It had two bedrooms (one w/a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sandknitz
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is it; you can get as thorough a cowboy experience as you want. We attended a destination wedding and had a cabin 5 feet from the bubbling creek. Walking trails, good food, and lots of fresh air and mountains.

Room Tip: Rooms accommodate family of four or more.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was recently drug out to the Vee Bar for a wedding. And it was better than I could have expected.

As some background, I was named one of the fish most out of water as they plucked a city kid out of my rightful place. I can do beaches, but the country? Not so much.

That said, the Vee Bar was great. The staff is excellent. The location is beautiful. If you're looking for a dude ranch style experience, you don't need to look any farther.

Some small notes:

-there is internet in the lounge, but it's spotty and slow

-your cell phone likely won't work. T Mobile seemed to have better service out there than Verizon or AT&T.

-the water is pretty rough to drink. There's filtered water in the saloon, but you may also want to bring some bottled.

-the view from the riverside cabins is excellent!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank cpgecko
Reviewed 19 March 2014

June 1 - 6, 2013. There are no words to describe how much I loved the Vee Bar.

A 2.5 hour drive from Denver airport should not deter you because that drive is also fabulous. We took the highway going up and the scenic route back.

Everything about the Vee Bar was top notch. Kari and Brent, their cute little daughter, the wranglers, the horses, FOOD - yum, the riverside cabins. The best.

I'd suggest bring lots of moisturizing lotion, sun screen and hats. The sun is strong at that altitude.

Room Tip: Any of the riverside cabins are great. The sound of the river lulled me to sleep every night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ShanaGray
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laramie
Old Corral Hotel
Hampton Inn Laramie
#2 of 20 in Laramie
Hilton Garden Inn Laramie
Best Western Laramie Inn & Suites

Been to Vee Bar Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!