“A Gem in the Wind”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Colorado
“A Gem in the Wind”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I found this restaurant thanks to the direction of the Food Coop and it was great. I had the seitan steak dinner with mashed potatoes and sweet potato with gravy. The meal was quite filling and i had enough for the next day's lunch. It is located in the old section of town and faces the railroad, but that minor distraction was no bother. The young lady who served me was quite helpful and very efficient, while the beer on tap, a local one, was tasty and cold. I thoroughly enjoyed this meal and should I return to Laramie I will be back.

• Visited May 2014

Wyoming
“Nice people, good food. Interior badly needs a facelift.”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This restaurant has been acclaimed by vegetarians and vegans from all over the world, who probably wondered if they could ever get a decent vegetarian meal along I-80... especially in Wyoming. Friendly staff, eclectic menu. Only thing I can fault it for is the decor or lack thereof. You would think after being rated so highly and doing so much profitable business they could afford to toss out the cheap, diner-style booths and wobbly tables and chairs!

• Visited March 2014
Driggs, Idaho
“Great food, AMAZING desert!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My bf stopped here on our way to CO. He'd been before, but my first time. I'm not a vegetarian...not even close, but I LOVED the food! The soup was really good. All the ingredients felt fresh and savory. Also had the pita with falafel...yum! The best part was definitely the fried banana bread...don't miss out!

• Visited March 2014
Niwot, Colorado
“Food Just Average at Best”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Wanted to like this place, as we eat vegetarian routinely, though are not die hard vegetarians or vegans. We visited during the off-hours in the afternoon and we were the only people in the restaurant. The food tasted warmed up from lunch and was not as fresh as many reviewers indicate. We had among other things the lasagna, veggieburger an appetizer dip. The food was not bad, but not deserving the high ratings seen. The selection of beer is good. The atmosphere in the restaurant is a bit dark and not too inviting. The service was average lacking genuine enthusiasm.

• Visited October 2013
Laramie, Wyoming
“Maybe it was just a bad day”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I went there about a year ago with a friend who eats only there. Well, I had burned veggie burger, the place was dim and unpleasant, they just opened the bar but apparently did not have enough money to spruce the place up. I'm not going there ever again.

• Visited April 2013