“Closed earlier this year” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Colorado
“Closed earlier this year”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

This place closed a few months ago and this info is well-known in Laramie. Not sure what is going into their old space.

Visited December 2013

Carlton,MN
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Very good tortilla soup. Wasn't warm and waitress took back to have heated more and came back and said we would get a discount. We said no discount needed as it was that good. If you like Mexican Food would recommend and they had a variety to choose from. Would like to go back again if traveling thru town again. It was located in Historic Building of Laramie.

Visited August 2013
Weatherford, Texas
“Mmmm, Green Chili sauce”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

We pulled into Laramie early evening from the Teton/Yellowstone area after being on the road for several hours & hungry. After setting up our RV, I got online to search info for restaurants in the area. I looked at almost every restaurant & the reviews from tripadvisor. Finally, one caught my eye, El Conquistador, one of the reviews mentioned the stuffed sopapilla's with green chili sauce. Well that clenched it for me, I love green chili anything.

We went around 5:30 PM, there were two other tables of guests, a young man greeted us when we walked in & told us we could sit any where we wanted. He got our drink order as we were seating and returned fairly promptly with the drinks. He made my strawberry margarita fresh, cause we heard the blender - I'm not sure that he didn't forget to add the tequilla - this was really the only thing wrong with the whole visit.

We are from Texas. We lived several years in New Mexico(military - moved a lot), living there is where I discovered green chili's. Mexican food has always been my favorite, so I like to think I'm a pretty good critic for what is good & what isn't.

The salsa & chips where very good. The salsa definitely homemade. Nice little bite too it. We ordered an appetizer called Munchers - it was a fried cheesy jalopeno potatoe bite - not homemade but they were really good, something that you could just sit & snack on till you made yourself sick. My husband ordered the beef enchilada's & I ordered the stuffed sopapilla with green chili sauce. When our plates arrived & it wasn't to very long of a wait, we still had a few of our appetizers left when the plates were delivered.

If you've ever had an enchilada at any or most restaurants, especially chain stores, they are usually all of 6 inches in length & lucky to be any bigger around than a half dollar. Well these enchilada's covered the plate, the 2 had to be 9 inch tortilla's, hand stuffed, rolled & baked fresh - they were the size of two big burrito's. My sopapilla was just as big, a good 8 inches across & stood 4 inches high, covered in a fantastic green chili pork sauce, again with a wonderful bite too it. All the flavors & textures were a wonderful treat The refried beans & rice where also fresh, homemade. It reminded me of a couple of my favorite restaurants in New Mexico. This was definitely not Southern California mexican - which in my opinion is NOT mexican, this was New Mexico mexican which after living there I've always thought to be better than anything you get in most of the Texas restaurants.

The atmosphere was light, they had 3 rooms. The young man who took care of us from the time we walked in the door, for a long time I was afraid he was the only person working. Probably after10/15 mins of being there another server came out, I did see a young man working in the kitchen area & another came to the register when we paid. All in all it was a wonderful visit. Not busy, of course it was early & a Wednesday evening. We were there probably all of an hour give or take.

• Visited August 2013
Laramie, Wyoming
“This city needs a good hispanic food restaurant, this isn't it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

If you want great Mexican food, go to Inca in Fort Collins,Co. I know it's 50 miles away, but you won't be disappointed. Unfortunately, there aren't any poor Mexican restaurants let alone good or great in Laramie. The food at El Conquistador is non-descript

Visited May 2013
“Amazing Green Chili!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

The food is great, atmosphere is comfortable and the service quick and friendly. The food is fantastic. The green chili is absolutely AWESOME!! I would recommend the stuffed Sop Apia smothered in green chili. This a for sure go back to restaurant. I would drive my family 50 miles to enjoy dining at this cool delicious place in Laramie.

• Visited May 2013