“Change can be GREAT!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Change can be GREAT!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We were so happy when The Library opened in it's new location this fall. The menu has some new items, such as six different kinds of bratwurst, including an elk one that is sooooo good. They've also made some changes to their old standbys such as the Reuben. They now brine their corned beef in Fat Tire ale, and before putting it on your sandwich, throw it on the flat top and give it a slight sear. This has always been my favorite sandwich, and it is even better now.

Another change is their burgers. They must be sourcing them from somewhere new, because they seem leaner and tastier. As well, the pizza is better as well. The crust holds up more than it did before and their new ovens must be able to get to a hotter temp because the edges are cooked instead of being a little doughy.

They aren't brewing yet as they continue to work out some of the kinks the other reviewers have mentioned. Yes, they are still working on the interiors. Yes, the bar can get a little noisy. Yes, they need some more signage. But the core of what makes a brewpub a great brewpub is still there. Good, solid food that is well prepared and a menu that has been very well thought out. They don't pretend to be a high end gourmet restaurant but concentrate on the basics of a sports bar menu. I'm a stickler for good service and you definitely get that here. If something is wrong with your meal, they are quick to offer a replacement or fix it. Every time. If there is a hold up in the kitchen, the staff will let you know and offer a drink or an appetizer. It's good to have them back and it will be good for downtown Laramie

Laramie, Wyoming
“So glad they are back!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Pizza better than old location - tons of fun both lunch & dinner! Food was super, service the same. Downtown's gain, can't wait for summer.

“Needs some work”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

I was quite excited about the reopening, but will be waiting quite some time prior to returning. The entrance to the bar on 2nd looks like the main entrance, but there's literally no direction, signage or, heck, even a staff member to direct you through the bar and through the seating of the restaurant to the host stand. Once we were at the host stand, we stood there for a few minutes and upon finally being seated, the two of us were sat at a table for 6. I ordered the caprese panini (mozzarella, basil and tomato) with a side salad. It came and there was a very small amount of salad that comprised of wilted (not rotten, but less than fresh lettuce) and a panini that was way too flat! Upon eating the sandwich, I could barely recognize that there was ANY cheese. I even opened up the sandwich to confirm. There was a tony amount. The food took forever to get to us and the server took forever to check on us. By the time he did, our lunch HOUR was beginning to be stretched, but I did mention that there was a lack of cheese on this cheese panini. He asked if he could take it back to get another ( good service ). I said if they could make it on the fly, then yes. He said he would take it to the kitchen. In a few minutes he returned with my plate of a half eaten sandwich, the "salad" and a new addition, a bowl of mozzarella balls. Kind of strange. The server said since it seemed like I was running out of time they would just give me the extra cheese. Serious? I was charged for the full meal. I guess it was a good effort that went bad. I sure hope there are some changes soon or this whole project will be a bust.

1 Thank AVerPloeg
Laramie, Wyoming
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Could not wait for them to reopen for drinks and food.. Went in, had one quick drink and left. No reason for me to go back. Lot better places to go to.

Since they moved, it is now more of a sports bar than a bar to visit in. Its loud and echoes, plain and sterile looking place, mixed drinks not as good, and very slow service (took me longer to get a drink than it did to drink it). Their menu, with four exceptions, is now basic bar food; 4 pages of appetizers, pizza, burgers, sandwiches.

1 Thank ScttLee
Dubuque, IA
“The burgers are very good”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stop at the Library each year on our visit to Laramie. They moved out of campus town and are downtown Laramie. The brewery was still not open in their new location. The burgers are 1/2 pound and excellent. A variety of toppings to choose from. I had the BBB burger . Bacon, Brisket and barbeque. Onion rings to boot. The restaurant has a bit of a noise issue. So what, this is a college bar/restaurant. Give it a try.

1 Thank Goodscout