“Away from town and just average...”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
Upland, California
“Away from town and just average...”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This hotel is just barely average for me. I wouldn't stay here again, in fact I rebooked a stay that I had at this hotel after I stayed here. The location is remote to any food choices. The rooms are big, but they are not that nice, and clean looking, but if you look a little closer you can see that they aren't perfect. My room was unfortunately, near the stairwell and you could hear people in there all night coming and going. They allow pets, which is usually a no-no for me, just wears the place out too fast. In need of some renovation already, which is kinda sad, because the exterior appears newish. This is a place that caters to the very budget minded traveler that is staying for only one night while passing through. If that is you then this should be acceptable, but just barely. I wouldn't pay more than around $90-100 a night during peak season, unless they do a nice overhaul on the rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights. Rooms are decently sized and adequately clean. Front desk staff were all pleasant and helpful to deal with. We stayed here because they take pets--great grassy areas where to walk the pooches. Beds are super comfy, fridge, microwave & safe in room. Cookies and popcorn are a really personal nice touch as well. "Fitness Center" was a joke and seriously needed to be cleaned and vacuumed.

However, largest area for improvement is the breakfast--it was constantly out of stuff, breakfast area wasn't cleaned up all throughout breakfast so the counters were a mess, syrup on the tables, you get the picture. I would have actually given them 4 stars instead of 3 except for how badly managed the breakfast is.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kelly M
Layton, Utah
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Rooms were clean, as was the rest of the building. We booked two rooms, both with two queen beds. As was the case in both rooms, one bed was excellent, the other was uncomfortable. I was disappointed in the breakfast. While the waffle-makers were great, the attendant was not replacing items on the breakfast bar. There was one egg patty for seven of us. Waffle batter and sausages were also in short supply. There did not seem to be any urgency, or really effort, to bring replacements. We ended up buying breakfast from a restaurant.

The hotel was adequate. Nothing there to draw me back again, though.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Denver
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Had a good stay, staff very nice. Breakfast had a decent selection including make your own waffles. Easy on and off the freeway. Room was clean, about all you could ask for from a hotel of this type.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

...but I just could'nt. First they tried to charge me $92 for a standard 2-bed room. I informed them that the guy i talked to earlier said he would drop it down due to the fact that i am working for the schools, and I am a rewards club member. They knocked $15 off the price then so... no big deal. Night was fine, except for freakishly slow internet. Then for breakfast, I tried to get some yogurt. One bite in and I could tell that it was sour. I showed the breakfast girl that the stuff was 10(!) Days past the expiration date. She told me to "go tell the front desk"... not very hospitable. I am trying to get ready for a long day of driving, not do a health inspection. Maybe shes scared of the desk ppl, i dont know. The best they could do was pick through the rest of the yogurt and find some that were not expired. Not that I wanted them to go buy some for me, just have some pride in your work, and if youre going to charge ppl 90 some dollars for a room, you ought not to have sour dairy products!

I informed the manager in the morning about this, and she said their distributor brought them to the hotel on Saturday already expired. It really bothers me when ppl try and pass the buck. If a guest complained to ME about obviously expired food, i would go out of my way to apologize, offer to run out and get some fresh product, and call the distributor immediately to resolve the matter.

Couple other matters: lobby Computer is horribly out-of-date. No acrobat reader either, so you can't print PDF files. I informed the manager again, and she offered to print them out on her computer. Thats fine, but once again, at 90 a night, get a computer that works. Tried to download the printer's driver onto my laptop, and the printer went off the market in 2003! You can get a new one at WalMart for $30!

Finally my stay was topped off by a strange man walking into my room 1 second after lightly knocking, stating that he got a report that the t-p dispenser was broken. Well, we are only here for 1 night: wait till after 11 when we're gone!

Maybe I'm just being overly sensetive, but this hotel just didnt seem to care about its guests. I'll be staying elsewhere next time.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Veloceraptor_Taco
Pulaski, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We got a "Friends and Family" deal for the Quality Inn while we were attending my niece's graduation from UW. Very nice hotel--we especially enjoyed the "make your own waffle" breakfast. My dad was surprised at the variety of choices for breakfast, and the customer service in this area could not have been better! The rooms were spacious enough for three, clean, comfy--the perfect place to stay after a long flight into Denver!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We had a great stay. It's my second time at this motel and I would stay again. They have a couple pet friendly rooms and that is always nice. There is also a lot of room outside for my big dog to run around. The room and lobby were very clean. However, another patron at the motel had a dog that pooped in the hall. Ignorant people didn't clean it up or tell the people. Not the hotels fault but it definately made the morning bad. : (

• Stayed January 2012