“Great one night stay”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
Manteca, California
“Great one night stay”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Friendly service, clean room. Only spent one night before getting back on the open road, but it was a good stop. Kids liked the pool, although it seemed to close a bit early. Breakfast was the usual muffins, coffee, and waffles. Breakfast room was nice and large.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is your typical 2 star hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful but the rooms are average at best. The bed was the HARDEST bed on which I have ever slept in a hotel. The manager told me that the Queen beds are bad and that I should have got a King Bed. I wish I would have been told that upon check-in since sleep is a pretty important element when staying at a hotel like this. I could understand if this were a Vegas hotel where sleeping is ancillary to everything else. But this is Laramie and sleep is somewhat relevant to the overall experience.

I did like the location of the hotel. Easily accessible to all highways and state roads. And, even though there is a truck stop across the street the hotel is very quiet. I just wish the bed was better so I could give this a better rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a KING ROOM. The beds are softer and more comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My daughter and I stayed here while visiting family in Laramie. The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. The pool was a bit on the cool side, but it was refreshing after the long drive across WY. The staff was friendly and helpful, the ladies I spoke to in housekeeping were very nice. We will probably stay again. The only problem that I had is that I wish the gentleman who works at the front desk would smile. I was there for 2 nights and he never smiled. :)

Room Tip: We stayed in a room which faced the back of the hotel, away from the freeway. It was very quiet.
Maryland
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I hate to give this place a poor rating - their staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean, and the breakfast was fine. However out of all the places I stayed on my trip across the country, this was the least comfortable sleeping experience.

Perhaps it was the pillow - each queen size bed was set up with 4 small square pillows (more like couch pillows) rather than the typical two rectangular pillows I am used to seeing (and sleeping on). I have heard of people traveling with their own pillows, and perhaps that would be the solution here. Either way I did not get up feeling well rested after my overnight here, and yet I still had many hours of driving ahead of me.

This hotel is convenient to I-80 and I wish I didn't have to give this poor rating. For me though, the quality of sleep that you get is paramount to whether you want to stay at a particular hotel or not.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Ketan C, Manager at Best Western Laramie Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
We thank you for your review on our property. I am truly sorry to hear that you did not get a comfortable nights rest. However we have Best Western approved standard size pillows that we have in all our rooms. I apologize that you did not have a good experience or a good night sleep. We take all our guests feedback into consideration. We hope to be seeing you in the near future. Thank you and We appreciate it. Ketan C. Manager Front Desk.
Southern California
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Comfortable room, good breakfast, helpful and attentive staff. Convenient location for travel on
Interstate 80. We had a ground-floor room, facing the back -- into the prairie. Very quiet and pleasant.

1 Thank Stella315
Thank you for your review and We at Best Western Laramie Inn appreciate all your feedback. Our main focus and goal for our guest is to make sure they are comfortable and happy in all aspects of their stay. We strive to have the cleanest rooms and want to make sure all the request gets fulfiilled by our staff. Thank you and we sincerely appreciate your comments and kind words on our facility. We look forward to seeing you once again in the near future. Thank You. Ketan C. Manager Front Desk.
Muldrow, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The young lady who checked us in was very friendly. The roll away we had asked for was in the room when we arrived. I had laundry and was so pleased that the laundry room was right next door, so convenient.
We were on the 2nd floor but there was an elevator, which was appreciated.
The beds were comfortable. We had a refrigerator and microwave which came in handy.
The rooms were very clean.
And we loved the fact that it was so close to the highway.
We would stay there again.

1 Thank SherryH334
Ketan C, Manager at Best Western Laramie Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
I and our staff here at Best Western strives to be excellent and I appreciate your comments on our property. We appreciate your business with us and more appreciate of you that you shared your thoughts about comfort and convenient of this hotel. Will look forward to see you here in near future. Thank you once again. Ketan C. Manager
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The room and breakfast were good and the motel was clean and attractive. It's a good location, too. We needed to print out our boarding pass and they were very willing to let us come back at noon to do that, even though we had already checked out. We were very pleased. Management was very friendly, concerned, and honest.

1 Thank Grinny768
I and our staff here want to thank you on your sincere thoughts and comments about this hotel and our Management. We appreciate you sharing this with us and also to other frequent travelers checking up on the reviews to make their decision. We will look forward to serve you again in near future. Thank you and we appreciate it. Ketan C. Manager.