“BEST HAPPY HOUR IN LARAMIE”
Review of Niko Sushi & Steak

Niko Sushi & Steak
Ranked #16 of 108 Restaurants in Laramie
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse, Bar
Description: FAMILY OWNED Relaxed, compact spot featuring classic & modern Japanese favorites, plus tropical cocktails DINE IN, TOGO, CATERING
Laramie, Wyoming
“BEST HAPPY HOUR IN LARAMIE”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

One of favorie sushi and japanese restaurant in Laramie . This is my second visit,their sushi is using fresh tuna.I ordered sushi lunch special for $ 8,95 combo and come with 5 pieces nigiri sushi and hand roll. And my friend is vegetarian, he ordered glutten free tofu steak lunch for 6,95 comes with fried rice and soup.

They also have happy hour special in the afternoon ( 4.30 to 6.00 I believe ) with discounts on few items, small las vegas is my favorites roll buy 1 get 1 one free with their specialty drink sangria sake for $ 3.95 only.

I really like the staff they are friendly and willing to accomodate your request.

The restaurant is clean and a little bit crowded because it is small place, but worth to visit for the food if you don't care small place .

• Visited August 2014
niko l, Owner at Niko Sushi & Steak, responded to this review, 10 March 2015
Thank you, for visiting us and your feed back

“Reason for coming back”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We always have reasons to come back to this restaurant. Beside foods are premium quality, we show they are getting better in menu, deals and service, even though road construction and summer break are turn their business down. Amazing $ 6.95 for sushi lunch at Niko sushi.
The best deals restaurant with premium quality food in town.

• Visited June 2014
Sheridan, Wyoming
“Really nice new restaurant in Laramie”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Despite the problems of having the street torn up in front of their restaurant, the people here are upbeat and producing really nice food, and customers are showing up even though it's hard to find the front door!

I've tried the other two sushi places in Laramie, and this one is clearly the best. It's clean and cozy, with attentive waitstaff, and some Japanese cooks in the kitchen who know what they're doing.

• Visited June 2014
niko l, Owner at Niko Sushi & Steak, responded to this review, 10 March 2015
Thank you for your positive feed back
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Finally... Great Sushi in Laramie!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Sushi is my favorite food, and I had been disappointed by the options available when I moved here a couple years ago. When I heard Niko would be opening in March 2014, I had high hopes that maybe I would finally be able to eat sushi here in town. Thankfully, they lived up to my hopes and exceeded my expectations with their delicious food!

My favorites are the rock and roll shrimp, the las vegas roll, and the hibachi steak. On one occasion, a server named Andy was extremely polite and professional, and I highly recommend asking for him.

I only have a few minor concerns about Niko. I wish they would serve Japanese white/shrimp sauce with their hibachi meals. Also, sometimes the music can be a bit loud, especially for the small space.

Overall, I love this restaurant! I really hope Niko makes it through the construction and through the summer (when students leave town), because they are now my favorite restaurant in town. If you are going to have sushi in Laramie, this is the place to choose!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Courtyle
Laramie, Wyoming
“Fresh, exiting flavors and textures”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

There are a couple okay sushi places in Laramie, Wyoming, but Niko Sushi is hands-down my favorite. The menu has a nice variety of sushi, sashimi, tempura etc. and the staff is friendly and attentive. I usually have their sushi which is very good however, I recently tried the Seafood Udon. The vegetables were crisp and the flavors (ginger, lemongrass, garlic?) were exquisite. Combined with the noodles and seafood, it was one of the best Asian dishes I've had at any restaurant of it's kind. It exceeded my expectations.

• Visited April 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

2 Thank JaniceHiller
niko l, Owner at Niko Sushi & Steak, responded to this review, 10 March 2015
Thank you, glad you love it.