“First choice in Laramie”

Holiday Inn Laramie
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
Natrona County
“First choice in Laramie”
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Like the previous reviewer, we stayed at the Holiday Inn during State Football Championship weekend. We did not experience a noise problem on our floor. The front desk knows the room numbers of the coaching staffs and a call to them should alleviate any problem with a team.
This is a very nice facility. Our check in was great and we were acknowledged as Priority customers. Two days later when we checked out, the lovely desk clerk remembered us. Our room had a fridge and microwave which was very convenient. It is located close to the college football stadium. It appears every effort is being made to maintain this hotel as a like new accomodation. We will be happy to stay here in the future!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 14 November 2011

This is a hard review to write, I would love to give our experience rave reviews but that is not what we experienced. The hotel & staff were 5 stars HANDS DOWN! We did have Perkins room service one evening, the service was fast, not over priced, hot and YUMMY! Unfortunately the first night we were there so was a large group of high school football players attending the State Championship. The yelling and fighting from the adjoining room next door went well into the we hours. I did get two coaches doing a lights out call in the hall to quiet the room even though it wasn't their boys but that only lasted about 10 minutes. We didn't feel we had really had the right to complain to the hotel since we knew the hotel was full and we were staying on points, what could they do except the same thing as the coaches that had already talked to the boys? We just hoped for a better expereince the next evening once the football players were gone. Unfortunately that night again were kids, this time hockey players were out of control keeping us up. Around 11:30 the noise quieted and it was a hotel expereince we come to expect. The hotel does provide ear plugs for the wind but they were not enough to muffle out the noise of the kids. We were also on the second floor right over the entrance (accessible room 228) again we were staying on points and understand we get what ever room is available. When people arrived we could hear just about every word they were saying I am assuming through the air conditioning system on the exterior wall. If you are a light sleeper ask for room facing the back of the hotel. My husband had stayed there a few nights before our arrival on business and didn't expereince any of the noise we did. Overall this was a GREAT hotel, if only when we stayed there was different guest. We plan to try the Hilton Garden next time but if we can't get in there we would book the Holiday Inn again. My husband stays one or two nights a week at Holiday Inns and this hotel was indeed top notch except for our room location and the other guest. Unfortunately, its just not going to be our first choice of hotel when booking on points and are lucky enough to have plenty of Hilton points too.

Room Tip: Request a room in the rear of the hotel for the possibility of a quieter expereince.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
HolidayInnLaramie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laramie, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We truly understand your concerns and our service culture is 'making friends one guest at a time". We truly do not want to lose you as our friend.

The town was sold out to State Football Championship teams and you did not experience the true Holiday Inn Laramie. We would like to make this up to you by adding complimentary Priority Club points to your account so you can earn another awards night to stay with us and experience our "Stay Real" service culture.

Please contact me at 307-721-9000 so we can arrange to credit your Priority Club account.

Yours in Hospitality,

Debbie Disney-Caldwell
Laramie, Wyoming
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I am currently stationed in Laramie, Wyoming for government work and had the misfortune of staying at the Laramie Fairfield Marriot. The service was terrible and the staff was very distant and unprofessional from just about every aspect that you could possibly imagine. I was complaining one day to a fellow co-worker and he stated that I should come check out the Laramie Holiday Inn due to the fact that I would be here from August-December. I decided one sunday to come over and take a look. From the second I walked in I got warm smiles and comforting greetings, like " a home away from home". Karina greeted me and I explained the situation to her and asked if I could view the facilities, she dropped what she was doing and took me on a small tour. From that moment on, I decided that the Holiday Inn was whre I was going to spend the next 3 1/2 months of my time here in Laramie. After staying for a day or so, I had the privelage of meeting the hotel Managers. From that moment on the staff knew me and greeted me by my first name. Due to the fact that we practically live in hotels, we like our privacy in our rooms, while staying at the Fairfield Marriot, the staff would go in our rooms regardless of the "DO NOT DISTURB" signs on the doors and the Holiday Inn has yet to break that persona privacy barrier. The Holiday Inn has a "PERFECT 10" motto and I firmly believe that they have superceeded their goals. The staff is always comforting, the hotel ammenities (hot tub, fitness center, buisiness center, lounge, room accomidations) are unusually nice for a chain hotel. The location of the hotel is perfect for anyone that wants to drive or just take a peaceful stroll to get some food, a drink, or even get groceries. Every Tuesday the hotel managers take time from their busy schedules to meet and greet with the hotel guests in the hotel bar and offer free beer (for a short time) and some friendly conversation to get to know their guests. The staff here continues to be friendly , professional, and personable which goes a long way when you live out of hotels all around the world. It seems like my co-workers and I have picked up a few new family members. The staff is knowledgeable of the area, reccomend some great resturants (and party locations). It seems that my co-workers agree with my review. We have had a few people get cold feet about coming over to the hotel and all we simply say is come check it out for yourself, and we have not had one person regret coming over. I would like to personally thank Gary, Debbie, Tessa, Karina, Taylor, Matt, Laura, Amber, Brandon, Mike, Justin, for the beyond PERFECT 10 standards and anyone that stays here will personally witness the hard work and dedication that you guys put in to this hotel, it seems to be more than a job to you guys. Anyone that chooses to stay here will see what myself and my co-workers see. I will continue my buisiness with you guys and will never look at a hotel in the same light that I do this one. My reccomendations are that anyone coming to the area stay here and see for yourself, I know I will definitely be back! I am proud to call the Laramie Holiday Inn my "home away from home"!

GO POKES!!!

-Brandon Taylor

Room Tip: "Any suite is perfect for extended stays of any kind"
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Brandon T
HolidayInnLaramie, Manager at Holiday Inn Laramie, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
Thank you for this wonderful reveiw. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Debbie Disney-Caldwell
307-721-9000
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 3 October 2011

i have traveled extensively due to my line of work and I stayed at this holiday inn 2 years ago for business and loved it so much i decided to stay here again since i was in the area for business. the hotel has a bar in the lobby and a restaurant (perkins) attached. i love the way the facilities mesh so perfectly together. the rooms come standard with a microwave and mini frig as well as a nice tv and plenty of choices to watch. the hotel also has a workout room, pool with a hot tub. everything is at the hotel so there isnt any reason to even leave but if you want more, the laramie holiday inn is within walking distance from several restaurants as well and has places to shop nearby. it is also right down the street from the university. some of the hotel staff that worked here 2 years ago actually remembered me by name when they saw me. a bed is a bed and the only true difference between hotels is the staff. the people at this hotel make the difference. its good to see that customer service is alive and well at the laramie holiday inn.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We spent a night in one of the two suites(401) in this modern hotel. The spacious sitting room had unusually good quality furniture for a chain hotel and was separated from the kitchenette by a breakfast bar. We were disappointed however that despite a full size fridge there was no hob, only a microwave. The bedroom had a triangular Jacuzzi in one corner whilst the bathroom had a good sized shower. There are even "his & hers" sinks.
When we arrived at 3pm we had to wait a further hour to check in. The Polish receptionist, however, was a model of how to be both caring & professional. Despite our long journey to get to Laramie we did not get irritable as we usually would in such circumstances!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Rotonda West, Florida
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Great place to stay on the last day of our vacation. Room was very very clean and comfortable. Offered 3 types of pillows to choose from. We didnt get that at the 5 star hotels we have stayed in. This was football weekend but we were not disturbed by any noise. Hot chocolate chip cookies were available all afternoon and evening. Delicious! The girls at the front desk were more than helpful with dinner choices and directions.

Room Tip: Ask for the best room available
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
chicago
Reviewed 31 August 2011

This hotel has become one that I am sure to include in my cross country trips when possible.
This was my third stay at this hotel.
The hotel is fairly new, and very, very clean inside and out. The grounds are spotless, as are the rooms.
The bedding is very good, although with the standard less than fabulous HI pillows. My room included a fridge, although I don't know if that is true for all rooms.
The shower was beyond spotless with good water pressure. The work areas are comfortable and convenient.
The management here seems to be sure to have the best trained and most pleasant staff.
In addition, this is a truly pet friendly hotel, with reasonable rates.
Also, this is one of the few hotel that actually looks at and honors room requests.
All in all a great stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo