“Noise from next door kept us awake” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Laramie

Holiday Inn Laramie
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
Ottawa, Canada
“Noise from next door kept us awake”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Hotel and rooms nice. After a long day's drive we intended to have an hour's rest then go to the bar, which was supposed to close at 10 but in fact closed by 8 pm as the evening had 'been very quiet'. We went next door to Perkins for an evening meal, which was ok, but no alcohol because the hotel bar, which is attached, was closed. We intended to get up early in the morning to use the gym before another long day's drive but the noisy people in the room next door kept us awake all night, so we were too tired. The hotel room itself was fine but our stay was marred by the above. If the room had been quiet and the bar open (a secondary gripe compared to the noise) I would have given the hotel an overall rating of 3 and a half to 4.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HILaramie2007, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laramie, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for posting a review as guest feedback like yours will help us reach our goal of being a Great Hotel, Guests Love. Your information regarding our Lounge closing early and noise has been shared with my Team. We are always focused on delivering "Perfect 10" service and quality and we fell short with you.

I would love the opportunity to discuss your experience further with you. Please contact me on my cell phone at 307-274-6021 and please allow me the opportunity to make this "right" with you.

'Making Friends One Guest At a Time"

307-721-9000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Baxley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I had a very nice stay. The quality of bed the hotel invested in really made getting a good night sleep very enjoyable, peaceful. I wasn't that impressed with the breakfast. My previous stay at another Holiday Inn two nights had a great continental breakfast.

Best Regards,
Harold L Simpson, Jr.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
HILaramie2007, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laramie, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We love to read that you enjoyed the bed comfort as we know this is an important component to a "Great Hotel Guests Love". We hear your concern regarding breakfast and as a Full Service Holiday Inn promote our Perkins Restaurant. We have added an exclusive menu for Holiday Inn guests only that includes 5 menu options for only $5.

Please contact me directly at 307-721-9000 if I have not resolved your concern. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was here for business so the location was key. The property is beautiful and the rooms were great. They had microwave/fridge units and were clean and spacious. The hotel is less than a block for the UW stadium so during football season I would NOT want to stay there if you were not there for the game. There are many eateries within walking distance as well. My biggest compliant is since the Perkins was attached there was no continental breakfast offered. The had a decent workout facility, but you feel a bit on display as you have to walk through the pool area and you are encased in a bunch of windows. They have nice cardio equipment but the weights are a bit to be desired.

Admittedly I was nervous when I saw that the hotel provided ear plugs in the room as in Wyoming that typically means you are near railroad tracks but I thought the room was very quiet and did not have any problems with noise.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting a review and we are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Laramie. Your feedback regarding breakfast has been heard. We are now featuring a full breakfast menu with 5 options in our Perkins Restaurant to our Holiday Inn guests only for $5 each.We are always focused on delivering "Perfect 10" service and quality and guest feedback like yours will help us to reach our goal of being "AMAZING".

We look froward to having you as our guest in the future. Please contact me directly If I have not handled your concern to your expectation.

'Making Friends One Guest At a Time"

Casper, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stay at the Holiday Inn in Laramie quite often for work. I often have to stay in hotels, and this one in particular I never have a problem. Friendly staff, decent rooms, and clean which shouldn't be a question ever, but many hotels can't get that part right. I will continue to book rooms at this establishment whenever I am in the area.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
WOW! "Always Exceptional", we absolutley love reading your headline, this is our intentional goal day in and day out for each and everyone of our guests. We are so very happy we have succeeded with you and your comments will be a highlight to our Team. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

The children loved the pool. The adults enjoyed the fitness room and all the amenities, including having Pekins attached to the property. The staff was very friendly and accomodating; our room was clean and well maintained.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! It is wonderful to read your comments that you had an enjoyable stay. We love reading these very special remarks. Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Natrona County
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

We like this Holiday Inn and have stayed here before. Friendly check in and great to have Perkins attached on those windy Wyoming days. We spent some time in the bar with friends and were well taken care of.

We were a group of 4 with 3 rooms. Our main issue, and this was all of us, were the uncomfortable, lumpy pillows. They were designated firm and soft and we could tell no difference between the 8 pillows in our 2 bed room. The pillow issue is not specific to this hotel but rather to the IHG company. In the past 6 weeks, (7 nights total) we also stayed in the Sheridan and Gillette Holiday Inns and were disappointed with the quality of pillows. Out of state we stay at Marriotts, Hyatts and, once in awhile, Comfort Inns, and have found the pillows to be more comfortable. I have considered traveling with a pillow purchased just for Holiday Inn hotels and I guess that is how I can solve this problem and get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! It is wonderful to read your comments and hear that you enojoyed your time with us.

Guest feedback like yours has changed the IHG pillow standard. Effective first quarter of 2014, King beds will have very nice King size pillows and Queen beds will have new comfortable queen pillows. We have already begun changing out the pillows and plan to be in full compliance in January 2014.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I love to stay here every time I'm in Laramie, which is about 4-5 times a year. They have spacious rooms with plenty of storage space for the week long traveler. I especially enjoyed the full service bar located just beyond the lobby, and the attached Perkins for my breakfast and pie fixes. Especially useful for the mornings after I enjoyed the bar a little too much. The staff is always friendly and helpful with any questions I've ever had.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow! We loved reading your headline "Loved It" and your glowing remarks, they made our day :) Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. It is wonderful to read them and we will be sure to share with our team this Saturday at our Pep Rally. I know they will appreciate hearing how much you enjoy your stay each and every time. Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!