“Awesome Find, Great Service, Great Price”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Laramie - University of Wyoming
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
Austin
“Awesome Find, Great Service, Great Price”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

March was Suite Deals!! Got a Jacuzzi Suite with King bed and fireplace for $99. Loved it so much stopped in Laramie on my way back just so I could stay there again. Has indoor pool, large lobby with fireplace. A great place to sit besides your room. I was teaching a class online and needed an extra chair in my room. They took care of me.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Suite is great after a long days drive.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thea M, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Laramie - University of Wyoming, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Thank you for the great review. We are so happy you took advantage of the deal on Suites. They are amazing! And so happy you used the whirlpool tub... they really do work the kinks out after a long day of travel or work!

Thank you for coming back and staying a second time. We hope to see you again in the future and know we will go out of our way to take care of your requests every time!

Happy Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This hotel has it all: REALLY comfortable beds, free (good) breakfast, and they take pets. And, oh, did I mention that the rooms are large, clean, and QUIET. You can find cheaper, and you can certainly find more expensive--but this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Some of the suites have fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, fridges and microwaves.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thea M, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Laramie - University of Wyoming, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Wow! Short, concise and to the point! Thank you for taking the time to review our property!!

We do have amazingly comfortable beds (Serta Sleeper beds, to be exact) and oversize rooms. Our rooms are so quiet because of the way we are built: special concrete block construction. You won't hear your neighbors conversation or TV through the wall.

We do allow pets. There is a pet deposit and a policy form that the owner must sign, but we welcome well behaved pets.

Our hot breakfast buffet can satisfy almost anyone's tastes some way or another. We even have gluten free and soy items, all you have to do it ask.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your return soon!!
Lander, WY
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Beds and baths are great, service is friendly and cheerful, pool is nice, and the breakfast is decent. Many rooms have refrigerators and microwaves but not all, so if you need that for a multi-day stay, you need to request it. The location is very convenient for being close to the rec center and the east side of town. Can be expensive if you don't have a way to get a discount (group rate, AARP, etc)

Room Tip: Roomy suites and wheelchair accessible rooms on the 1st floor, request a room with fridge and microw...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thea M, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Laramie - University of Wyoming, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback! We are so happy that you stay with us and enjoy it.

You are right. If you need a room with a refrigerator or microwave, please request it. Not all rooms have those amenities.

Our beds are super comfortable Serta sleepers with nice comforters and fluffy pillows combined with the super quiet construction the possibility of having a quiet nights rest is highly probable.

We have eleven different suite configurations that do include accessible options. We'd love to give you a tour of them the next time you stay.

Please never hesitate to ask for anything that might make your stay better.

Return guests are very important to us to, so if you are coming back to stay, please mention that when you make your reservation with us on the phone.

We look forward to your return. Have a beautiful spring!
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We stayed here on March 3rd 2013 while moving across country. We thought the rooms were expensive for what we got. $110 for a room with two queen beds that barely fit in the room. The beds were comfortable and the room was fairly quiet (we stayed on 2nd floor) considering all the teens running around. There was plenty of parking space for the huge 26' moving van that we were driving. I liked that they provided lotion and conditioner in addition to shampoo and bar soap that most places provide. Also sounded like they would provide other stuff if your forgot it. Easily accessible from highway. Not currently within walking distance of food or gas stations, but Jimmy John's delivered to our room.

The room cleanliness was just okay. There was some trash behind the toilet and dirt in the corners of the bathroom. A few strands of hair in the tub. The room wasn't dirty compared to some hotels we have stayed in, but definitely wasn't as clean as I would have liked.

As others have mentioned there were fresh baked cookies at the front desk when we checked in. About a half hour later when I went down to get some more shampoo and conditioner from the front desk and their was only one cookie left. They were having a busload (or two) of science fair kids staying there who decimated the cookie pile and were kind of loud when we were checking in and taking our stuff up to our room. Once we were in our room we could barely hear the kids except when a group of boys came and knocked on our door looking for one of their friends.

The breakfast was fruit, yogurt, breads, pastries, and cereal (with milk), etc... Pretty typical as far as complementary breakfast goes. Coffee was available anytime, not just in the morning. Check out was a breeze. We didn't even have to go to the front desk. Service was friendly, but a bit slow. The gals at the front desk were often in a back room. If one was out front and needed help it would take a while for them to step into the back room and have someone come help.

I don't think we will stay here again and would probably be hesitant to recommend a friend. Kind of a bummer considering the rave reviews this place has gotten from other people. Perhaps it was a fluke, but overall our experience was just so so.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. No matter what you have to say it is important that we know so we can do our best to make any corrections. We understand that you had an ok stay. We wish you had had a great stay to rave about and will work hard to make sure that next time you will.

First, we know that a warm, soft cookie after a long day of travel is comforting and goes a long ways to make you feel welcome. If, we are out, please never hesitate to ask for one. We have been known to make you your very own plate of them!

I am glad that a hotel full of school kids did not affect your quiet stay. We have special concrete construction that gives the room a sound guard quality so noise does not carry through the floors or walls.

The fact that you did not experience a spotless bathroom is troublesome. We have a very good winter housekeeping staff that was, unfortunately, taxed with 5 days of a full hotel. It is no excuse for having the issues you had and I have addressed it with our head housekeeper and inspectors. Please accept my sincere apology.

Yes, our breakfast does have the characteristics of most chain breakfast buffets with the exception of our organic granola and gluten free items as well as turkey sausage.

Our front desk clerks are tasked with chores such as laundry and dishes in the winter months and therefore need to be in the backroom to complete those. I wish I could pay someone to stay only on the front desk, but I need them to be productive throughout their shift. Please never hesitate to ring the bell on the desk to get their attention. They try to watch the monitor, but do sometimes miss a guest waiting.

I know that you have reservations about staying again. Please, if you are on the road again through Laramie, Wyoming, let us try again. We would like to show you our very best effort.
Lander, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed 5 March 2013

The Gluten-Free offerings at Breakfast set this hotel apart. Upon requests, GF guests have access to GF bagels, muffins, breads and even soy yogurt. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and well maintained. A nice setting, conveniently located with genuine concern for guests.
Thanks AmericInn Laramie

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review noting our gluten free breakfast offerings. Our guests are very special to us and we know that being gluten free is important as well as having items such as turkey sausage and soy products. It is so nice to know that the selection is appreciated. We are glad that you had a great stay. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to having you as our guests again soon!
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We stayed at the AmericInn last weekend. It was a very pleasant stay. We have stayed in Laramie several times when we go skiing at Snowy Range. In the past we've always stayed at the Hilton, as they used to have a very good package deal for tickets, the room and a buffet made to order breakfast. However, they've stopped doing that program and now only offer it for multiple night stays. Their "regular" price is pretty expensive. So I started to look at the other hotels on TripAdvisor and read all the reviews. At this time, AmericInn was rated #1 for Laramie hotels. I think it's pretty deserving of this honor.

We arrived after a long day of skiing. The front desk check in was painless. They gave us our key to our Room - 318 on the third floor. We took our stuff up to our room to drop it off before heading out to dinner. We had a friend with us and he wanted to check out the site too. The lobby is really nice - without a TV, which I LOVE! It has a relaxing area to hang out. They have coffee and tea all day in the lobby. I had read on TA that they'd have cookies too, but there were none the two days we were there. So sadly, maybe they don't do this anymore. I was really wanting a cookie that night too! The pool and hot tub are located right off the lobby. The pool is decent sized and the really cool thing about it is that it's surrounded by large windows. It happened to be snowing when we were swimming, so it was pretty cool to be able to watch the snowstorm and swim! The hot tub is also fairly large. When we were in it there were about 6 adults in it with plenty of space in-between us all. I think you could probably comfortably fit around 12 or so. There is also a very small exercise room that is located on the other side of the lobby.

Our room was very clean and didn't have any weird smells, like some hotel rooms do. The beds were super comfortable. The Hilton brags about their beds, but I have to say that these beds were just as comfortable, if not more so and I'm very picky about my beds! The heater in the room worked well. Unfortunately we all had colds and our room was extremely dry. The lack of humidity in the room is really bad, but I don't think that there's anything they can really do about it at a hotel. It's just kind of the area where we live/stayed. I did not hear noise from any other room or the hallway, except when they opened the door to come back from the pool, so the rooms appear to be very quiet also. I liked the down comforters that they had on the beds. They were very comfortable for this time of year. There was also a coffee maker in the room. There were tea bags next to it, and since I had a sore throat I thought I'd make myself some tea until I looked inside it. It didn't look very clean. It could have just been stained from coffee, but I'm not sure. I didn't want to use it to make tea, as I thought the water would be gross - filled with coffee. I just had my husband go down to the lobby to get some tea for me. The bathroom was very clean. The only annoying thing about it is that the fan stayed on all the time. There was a switch for it on the wall, but it didn't shut off/turn on anything. I'm not sure if it's broken or if it's just set that way to run all the time. It didn't really bother me, as I like that "white noise" to sleep to. My husband didn't like how it ran all the time though. We were in a room with two queen size beds. I thought it was a very nice room. The only thing I felt we were missing that the Hilton had was a refrigerator. I think maybe their suites have them? However their "regular" rooms here do not. I missed that, as I like to have drinks to put in there to drink throughout our stay. We also had medicine for my daughter that needed to be refrigerated, but we just put it on ice in the ice box instead. We did use the wifi and it worked mostly. They do have wifi for different floors, which I think helps the signal for sure. I used a different one in the lobby versus being in our room on the third floor. That night I was able to e-mail and look on Facebook. I tried to use Netflix in our room on our iPad and my Kindle. Neither would load the movies. I'm not sure why that was, as I was able to do it the next morning.

We had breakfast around 7:30 in the morning. It was mostly empty in the room except for one other table at that time. I was wondering what the breakfast would really be like, since I'd read a lot about people raving about it. Again, we were used to eating at the Hilton, where it's a FABULOUS made to order buffet breakfast. However, it will run you about $10 a person. This breakfast at the AmericInn was included in the room price. With that said, I think that it's a very decent breakfast. When we were there they had fresh fruit (cantaloupe, apples, bananas), granola, yogurt, English muffins, breads, cereal, cheese, eggs, sausage, and a pancake station (make your own). Some of the items were a little slim pickings that morning. I'm not sure if they didn't hardly put anything out or if someone needed to refill it all. There were only two tiny yogurts in the fridge and we took them both. I also took the last piece of cheese out of the fridge too. The bananas looked really nasty. A guy walked past us and said something about the bananas. I said, "Well, if there was a blender, they'd be perfect for smoothies." A lady came in and out of the room, but didn't replace anything. I really wanted some to mix with my yogurt. I told her they were looking a little gross and asked her if she could get some other ones. She did take out some others after I asked her. So I think that you can get things, but you have to ask for them.

Here's our overall pro/con list.

Cons:
- Pool towels are tiny! You check them out from the front desk on the way to the pool. I do like the process, as you get a different towel for the pool and don't have to use your room towel. However, I'm a pretty slender person and this thing was barely bigger than my bikini! Advice - pick up two for each adult! I'm sure they would have given me another one had I asked.
- Bathroom fan - humming noise all night. Not bad for me, bad for my husband.
- No fridge in the room.
- No cookies - SAD! The Hilton does have them and I swore I read that they do have them here also, but again, they did not have them out last Saturday/Sunday. Obviously not a necessary item, but nice to have!
- Area Map in Guide- This was useless, as the print was microscopic! Enlarge the map! Then people can read and use it. It would be great then.

Pros:
- Very friendly front desk workers
- Super comfortable beds with comfy down comforters
- Heater works well
- Room was very quiet (except for motor sound from bathroom)
- Very nice pool and hot tub
- Wifi
- Fitness Center
- Nice Relaxing Lobby
- Hot tea/coffee/apple cider in the lobby all day/night
- NON SMOKING for entire hotel!!! YES! I thought this was AWESOME! Only thing I didn't like was that the entry area stunk of smoke. It was obvious that someone was smoking very close to that entry, if not inside it.
- Pet rooms - I didn't use this, but we have a dog and it's nice to know that it's available.
- A breakfast that is more than the typical bagel most hotels have for free breakfast.

We paid $90 (including taxes) for our room on a Saturday night. I could have sworn that the Hilton was $139 plus taxes for that same weekend that I checked. However, I checked for later weekends to compare the two and theirs came up $120 including taxes. AmericInn is still cheaper. Really, I think that the only thing the Hilton has over the AmericInn is their breakfast. However, is their breakfast worth $30 more - that is the question!

I think the pros far outweigh the cons with this hotel. We enjoyed our stay at AmericInn. We would definitely recommend it to others and plan to return again sometime.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the elevator and/or any vending machines. They gave me Room 318 on the...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review and giving us the thumbs up!

You are right we are a quiet place to stay, due to special concrete wall construction, with a great breakfast, pool and staff.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, though we wish we could have had the opportunity to take even the smallest issue so your stay was as flawless as possible. Please never hesitate to bring any issue to the attention of the front desk. They are trained to do whatever possible to make your stay amazing.

For example: We would have gladly made you fresh cookies. We do make cookies and if we are out, we have no problem making more upon special request. We don't want to waste them so once they are gone in the evenings we usually don't make more.

I am a tea drinker myself and understand that the coffee maker was giving off coffee fumes. We have tried many things to ensure that the coffee taste doesn't permeate the hot water that is brewed to no avail. Unless we had one in the room for just hot water and one for coffee we can't seem to get beyond this issue. I am sorry. I wish I had a better answer.

In regards to the bathroom fan: our fans are installed to work off of noiseless system vented to the roof. The only way you would know if your fan is running after flipping the switch is to put a tissue up to the vent and see if it sucks it against the grate. We have discovered that when one fan turns on in the block of rooms attached to the roof vent they all activate. Unfortunately, the system did not take into consideration the Wyoming wind that assaults the building where your room was and it can, at times, make the constant white noise you noted. How annoying for your husband! I am really sorry, we would have certainly moved you so he didn't have to deal with that!

I recommend that you request a refrigerator. Only our executive rooms (rooms that are a little larger) and suites have refrigerators. Our rooms with two queen beds and kings beds do not. Our staff is always ready to assist on issues such as this and would have been ready to help in anyway should you have asked.

We have recently upgraded our wi-fi system so that our download and upload speeds are five times that of a normal household speed, however, after receiving several mentions that iPads, Kindles and Notebooks were not able to run Netflix or even get on the system, I did some research. It seems that 1- those devices have notoriously small antennas which makes it very difficult for them to grab the signal unless you are right on top of it. 2- It takes a special gateway to allow decent access to those devices (we didn't know this until my research) and I am told that the plug-ins for the gateway are under fire for not working so well. We are working with our gateway company to attempt to get this rectified as quickly as possible.

I have spoken with our breakfast staff to try to get to the bottom of your "slim pickings". That is certainly not our policy, nor is it to have banana bread ripe bananas out! It turns out that during those days our food supplier had shorted us on several items including yogurt and our new staff that were working those days didn't understand that we would make a special trip downtown for replacements. Again, I am sorry. Our breakfasts are more robust than most hotel breakfast buffets and I wish you could have experienced it to the fullest!

We were training several new breakfast people at the time and I feel we now have the kinks worked out, thanks to your very candid and complete review.

Our old pool towels are tiny, you are right, get two of them if you get the white ones. Our new ones are beach perfect. Sometimes when we run out of the new ones, we go to our older version.

Again, your thoughts and input are greatly appreciated. We are thrilled you chose to stay with us and look forward to your return!
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Was originally going to stay in Jackson Hole so we could have a motel room with a fire place for our anniversary get away and we discovered the gold mine here in Laramie half the price and a Jacuzzi in our room. Very friendly staff and very clean would definitely recommend to others. We will stay here again in the future if the opportunity arises in the future. Well worth the money.

Room Tip: Fireplace suite
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thea M, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Laramie - University of Wyoming, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Our suites are beautiful! So happy that you experienced one and didn't have to go all the way to Jackson Hole to do so. We have many different suites, some with two rooms, some with whirlpool tubs and fireplaces, some with just tubs. You are welcome to tour all of them and pick your favorite!!

Please do let us know when you are coming in for an anniversary or other special occasion! We can do lots of wonderful things for you such as champagne and chocolates, special bath baskets, flowers, candles, cheese and wine... there is a long list. We want to help make your stay memorable, please don't be afraid to ask.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your return!

By the way, Happy Anniversary!