“Loved the ranch and the Bassetts”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dryhead Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lovell
Dryhead Ranch
canada
“Loved the ranch and the Bassetts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2007

I first went to the ranch in 1992. I loved every experience I had there. It gave me more than I ever dreamed of. I had seen the movie City Slickers and new I needed to do something simular. The ranch and the family were fantastic. It truly changed my life. I knew when I got home I needed to do something that I loved. I got into riding and selling horses. My husband and I bought a farm and now have a cow /calf operation, like Schively runs but on a smaller scale. I had gone to the ranch for 6 years and still keep in touch with some of the people I met there. I still write the family once in a while. If you get a chance to go DO IT!!! You won't be disappointed.

Sue H (Ontario)

• Liked — I can't pick on thing I loved it all!
  • Disliked — That I had to leave.
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank CanadaMolly

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
south yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2006

I had a great time. Iris and jennifer were very friendly and helpful. jake and jack were real cowboys. we had some hard long days which were very rewarding. we did tasks which could not be carried out other than being on a proper working ranch. I would visit the ranch again.
david congreave
yorkshire
england

Stayed September 2005
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2004

In 1993 I was in the US. It should be a 3 month vacation, I wanted "to see it all", didn't think I would be back again for a while... But the very first thing I did: I went to the Schively Ranch and joined them for a cattle drive from Lovell to the Montana ranches. What shall I say, when I left the ranch I said "I sure would like to do this again." ... when we had a short stop at the Lovell farm I gave them the deposit for 2 cattle drives in 1994. I didn't have any idea how to organize things, but I was sure, I HAVE TO GO BACK TO THIS RANCH! Well, that's what I did. Have been there many times, also at other ranches, but it's always something special to be at the Schively Ranch again. I wrote a travel story about my first vacation, here it is: ...Keep on ridin'... Steffi :-)

2 Thank BerlinCowgirl
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2003

I first went to the )S( in "92 and have returned in 93,95,97,99,00,02 and am getting a group ready for 04! I love this place and the people.
If you are looking for a resort, don't go! this is a working ranch and you do what needs to be done. I always go the first or this year the second branding week. My group likes this work and we have a ball doing it. I highly recomend it. A+A+A+

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lovell
Americas Best Value Inn Powell
Cattlemen Motel
Cattlemen Motel
#1 of 1 in Lovell
Super 8 Powell
Super 8 Powell
#2 of 2 in Powell

Been to Dryhead Ranch? Share your experiences!