“Okay if you like dust and rust”
Review of Virginian Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Medicine Bow
Virginian Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Medicine Bow
Reviewed 20 February 2007

My family and I were vastly disappointed with The Virginian Hotel. We had been look forward to staying at The Virginian for months. We booked the Owen Wister suite and a room next to it. Fortunately, we saw the rooms prior to paying for them!!!! Most rooms do NOT have their own bathroom and they share a water closet. Knowing this, we made sure to book the Owen Wister suite. It has a sitting palor and 2 rooms! I know sounds nice, until you are actually there. The bathtubs were rusty (no shower - we weren't expecting one but thought you would like to know). Toilets were dirty. Lampshades were dusty. And the sheets - they smelled like they had been in a cubboard for a year. (And yes I actually sniffed them). So to some it all up... this was the worst place we never stayed. We drove on to Hanna (nothing there). So we ended back in Laramie - tired and exhasted. It wasn't historical, but we found CLEAN ROOMS! at the Travelodge in Laramie.

Old and Antique does not have to mean run down and dirty. But in this case... it did!

Stayed: February 2007
8  Thank cderuiter

Reviewed 8 September 2005

Staying here for 3 days was not near enough time to absorb the area rich with a history that is forgotten due to the technology of todays time. I do not recommend small children. There are no tv's or telephone lines in the original hotel. Trains go by day and night about every 20 minutes or sooner so sleep is not attainable. But the mystery and the romance of the Old West was invigorating. Sustaining my energy thoughout the day to creep along paths infiltrated with a time long forgotten. The decor of the hotel is all antiques. Dotted with historic photographs, one of them being a photograph of a hunting trip of friends with Teddy Roosevelt, Judge Roy Bean, Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid, and others I can not recall. The building has three stories. All the rooms are different while the top floor is still being renovated. An experience I will not forget and I will be going back. Apparently, John Madden had visited, leaving an autographed picture displayed in the saloon.
One block away is The Dip Bar and Diner that includes a 40 ft. slab of jade for the bars counter, the owners family history muraled on the ceilings, floors, and tables. Carvings done with a pocket knife and single pieces of wood.
Not far from Laramie, Medicine Bow National Forest, Rawlins, Elk Mountain and the World's Largest Wind Turbine.

14  Thank Iteluwatt

Been to Virginian Hotel? Share your experiences!