“Nice stay near GTNP”
Review of Hatchet Resort

Hatchet Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moran
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We were very impressed with our stay at the Hatchet Resort. The rooms were very clean and the location was convent for our vacation hop between the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone NP. Only complaint would be $$. However the the Hatchet is worth your consideration.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Ron M

Reviewed 15 August 2013

When booking our trip to Yellowstone National Park,we left it too late to stay within the park & thus had to seek other accommodation, so we had to stay at the Hatchet "Resort", just outside Grand Teton National Park , overpriced & extremely average, retro 1990`s TV`s, rooms could use a serious refurbishment, don`t look behind the night-table! On a positive note the restaurant was surprisingly good1

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is a good place to stay for proximity to the Tetons because there is very little lodging closer than Jackson, Wyoming. The office staff were not exactly rude, but not much concerned about anything, either. We asked for a local map, and they didn't have one. There was no hair dryer in the room, and they didn't have any loaners. There were no tissues in the room, and when I asked for a box, they said they don't provide tissues.

I stayed at the Hatchet 20 years ago, and the main motel seems exactly the same right down to the curtains and bedspreads. The room was spacious, and even though it was warm outside, the room seemed cool enough, even without air conditioning. A few new buildings have been added since my previous visit, including a new restaurant, the Whetstone. We had a really nice meal there; the best on our entire trip, I would say, including the huckleberry margaritas. The servers at both the coffee shop and the Whetstone were friendly and efficient.

Overall, it was a good stay, and I would stay there again, but it's special only because of its location and the log cabin construction. Prices at the Hatchet are comparable to other lodgings in the Yellowstone/Grand Tetons area, which do seem high for average motel rooms, but that's what the market will bear during the short travel season. I can see why some reviewers were disappointed and might have expected a bit more from a property that calls itself a "resort."

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tricia S
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Absolutely loved this place. We paid for a two queen suite but was upgraded to a king with two twin beds which suited us even more. Was treated very nice when we checked in and also at check out. Room had a sliding door that opened out into a field and a forest. Very satisfied with this place and if we go this way again we will stay here without a doubt. Had a playground which my toddler loved after being in the car all day.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Joffendoffy
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed two nights. The staff was very friendly and efficient -- and really helped me when I needed it.

I stayed in the hostel -- a real bargain. The bath is shared but by only three rooms. The location is convenient and a value compared to Jackson Lake Lodge (a fine property.)

The Hatchet Resort is like a national park lodge married a roadside motor lodge and had a child. It is lovely.

I left $140 in a drawer and when I called the money was retrieved. They really helped me out!

Edward Gray

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Edward G
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed in a beautiful room with glass patio windows on an entire side. It was well decorated and clean. Very pretty room. Only complaint was that it did need a fan or an air conditioner. With all those windows it got hot, but loved the room. Stayed in Jackson lake lodge the next night and paid the same for a really small room. Would much rather stay at hatchet resort !!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Beware, this is why he wants the first night's stay upfront!!! We checked in and tried desperately to check back out within minutes. Too late, they had our money and there was no way they are going to give it back. There was no air and almost 90 degrees when we arrived. We stayed one night, slept in my clothes so I could keep the window open, and then left the next morning. Not to mentioned that the mattress was cheap. We lost almost $400.00 because we had booked a three night stay. The credit card Company called Pat and asked him to refund us our money. They told him that it would be the courtesy thing to do. He told her that he was not a courtesy man and hung up on her. I've never had to deal with anyone like this before. Do yourself a favor and book somewhere else. I just wish I had read the reviews here before booking.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank photolady101
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moran
Heart Six Guest Ranch
Headwaters Lodge & Cabins at Flagg Ranch
Headwaters Lodge & Cabins at Fla...
#7 of 16 in Grand Teton National Park
Luton's Teton Cabins
Jackson Lake Lodge
Jackson Lake Lodge
#4 of 16 in Grand Teton National Park

Been to Hatchet Resort? Share your experiences!