“Travel elsewhere to eat”

Sheffields Restaurant & Saloon
Ranked #5 of 6 Restaurants in Moran
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Description: Join us for a hearty meal offering local mouth-watering cuisine after a long day in the outdoors! Our local favorites include the caramelized goat cheese appetizer, Peach BBQ Chicken Salad, Bison & Elk Meatloaf, and local trout. We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily June - September. Stop by for a memorable meal with local dishes and savory flavors! At the bar, after a hard day in the parks you'll want to relax in our western saloon and reminisce about your adventures. Choose from a variety of local brews and spirits.
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We had dinner at Sheffields on 9/6/2013. We had issues with two of our five meals and were very disappointed. For a chef to put out prime rib dinner like we seen is ridiculous. We were so disappointed that we bought sandwich stuff in Jackson on the 7th and ate sandwiches in our room that night. It seem like they know you have to travel a ways to eat so they don’t care. I would not eat dinner here, there are other restaurants in the area and I would drive there instead of eating at Sheffields(now I see why it was rated 6th out of 6 restaurants in Moran). I do have to mention that our server Kate was great

2  Thank Ga2r111

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We walked in to the tune of a champagne cork popping. Someone had just gotten engaged. While waiting for our meal there was a couple celebrating their 35th anniversary. I thought this must be someplace really special...not. The service was very slow and the food was nothing to celebrate. We had the special which was halibut over rice served with a coulis and the prime rib. The halibut was okay, one side of it was overcooked, the rice was too salty, the coulis was good, and it was served with asparagus. The prime rib was not good. It was sliced very thin and then grilled which dried it out even more. It was served with a "loaded" (with nothing) baked potato about the size of a lemon and asparagus. I didn't think it was pricey if only the meal had been delicious.

Before ordering the prime rib, you should inquire as to how they prepare it for the table.

1  Thank Janie258
Reviewed 15 July 2013

It was a little pricey, however what isn't around this area? I had the special, If I remember correctly believe it was trout. I was pleasantly surprised. It was one of the best meals I had in the area. Our waitress was exceptional. Kids loved their hamburgers. Husband enjoyed trying some of their different beers. Overall really enjoyed.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Went to dinner after we arrived from a long drive. The menu was very small, the food was over priced and the food was average. Not many choices to eat in this area though!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

The only reason we ate breakfast here was because it was included in our reservations. The prices were quite high otherwise. The meals were ok, but the oatmeal was served only slightly warm. Service was rather slow too.

1  Thank Lrankin