“Best vacation my son and I ever took.”

Turpin Meadow Ranch
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Tampa, Florida
“Best vacation my son and I ever took.”
Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

I wanted to do something special with my son. Indeed it was.
Not once did my 9 year old son request to watch television and play video games.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Cacahuettes

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Rockville
Reviewed 4 November 2011

My family drove all the way from Rockville, MD to spend 5 days at the Ranch. It ranks as one of the most memorable vacations we've ever taken. The staff and manager's made us feel as if we were home. I loved hanging out in the Lodge. I ate too many cookies and had many cups of coffee and tea which were always available. At night they would let their horses forage in the hills. In the morning it was a beautiful sight to see the Wranglers round up the horses and bring them back to the ranch. If you can stay here, do it.

Room Tip: You'll be staying in rustic cabins.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2011

My wife and I rode our motorcycles from Canada to Mexico along the great divide and stayed in some wonderful spots but the Turpin Meadow Ranch was the most memorable. The welcome we received, the Cowboy cookout, the sunset over the Tetons, bonfire, cabins, and lodge. Did we mention the people? Meeting the Palmquist family was a most wonderful experience. We regret not staying a couple nights - next time we will.
Mike and Michele Bell, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike B
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 September 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 46th anniversary at Turpin Meadow Ranch and we enjoyed every marvelous minute of our week. Wish we could have stayed longer

God made the breathtaking scenery....the Tetons kissed with snow...thousands of stars shining like large diamonds...the river running through the ranch bringing many species of fish for the fly fisherman's delight to catch...then release...the buffalo, deer, elk, coyotes, bear,
eagles, hawks, etc.

Now imagine all this beauty and wonder coupled with the awesome management team of Eric and Becky, plus very knowledgeable and personable staff.....God willing, we will return again and again.

There is absoulely nothing bad about Turpin Meadow. Do not be misled by disgruntled, negative, small -minded individuals who probably find fault with every place they visit. My husband and I have returned three times because it is as GOOD AS IT GETS!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lou353
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My wife, six-year-old daughter, and I stayed there for several days recently and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The scenery there is breathtaking, with a great view of the Teton Range. Unfortunately most of the time it was hazy while we stayed there due to several nearby wildfires. But when it did clear up occasionally, it was an amazing view from the ranch.

The staff was very friendly, and we also enjoyed meeting other guests staying there, most of whom were also very friendly There are a lot of optional activities to choose from too. If/when we go back to the area, we would definitely stay there again. (Don't know if I can convince my wife to brave the -20 weather in the winter to go snowmobiling there in the winter, though! :)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank HCL2011
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Thank you Becky & Eric & Crew for making our stay a joy. Your hospitality and kindness was amazing and you run a beautiful ranch. This is Heaven for kids- old and young. Relaxation lives here. This is NOT your norman cozy-mozy-Inn, it's a haven for the spirit. Keep doin what you're doin. OH yeah Thanks for the early birthday morning coffee & breakfast delivery.

Warmest Regards,
Christopher & Connie Newell

Room Tip: Small very comfy and rustic
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Myself and 2 friends stayed at the ranch for a week. I can't begin to describe how wonderful this vacation was. Eric and Becky (The ranch managers) Were wonderful. Extremely down to earth and accommodating. We were able to get a cheaper rate on flights for sunday so the ranch let us stay free of charge for one extra night. The cabins were cute and cozy with plenty of hot water! All meals were home cooked with an endless supply of fresh cookies to snack on throughout the day/night. The cooks went out of their way to make special food for my friend and I who are picky eaters :) The wranglers were great as well. They took us on a seperate ride one day because the other people wanted to gallop and we were too scared. The views from the ranch are breath taking. Its such a peaceful place. The staff really work hard to make your vacation great!!!!! It was worth every penny!
There is not one thing bad I can say about this place. If you didn't like it then you are probably a miserable person in general. Don't listen to the bad reviews! They are NOT true!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jessica C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moran
Headwaters Lodge & Cabins at Flagg Ranch
#3 of 14 in Grand Teton National Park
Colter Bay Village
Colter Bay Village
#5 of 14 in Grand Teton National Park

Been to Turpin Meadow Ranch? Share your experiences!