“Fantastic place for a wedding!”

Turpin Meadow Ranch
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We just visited the Turpin Meadow Ranch for a wedding and had a wonderful time. Despite some challenging weather conditions ( the cold and rain), the accommodations were excellent. Our entire wedding party had a great time and the ranch staff did an awesome job with the service and setup. Highly recommended!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I just enjoyed an excellent lunch, followed by two hours of beautiful skiing. The food is the best I have had north of Jackson and the trails are fantastic. The owners are olympic xc skiers and the trails reflect their expertise. The chef is newly arrived from Portland. I highly recommend a visit.

A huge improvement over previous management. Great day trip from Jackson, or stop off on the way to or from Yellowstone.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We visited this beautiful property to spend a day exploring their Nordic ski trails and the journey there was almost as fun as the time we spent. The drive is spectacular, especially the last 10 miles on the valley road that afforded magnificent views as we descended into the far side of the valley.
We arrived close to lunchtime and decided to eat in their sparkling cafe after we read their daily menu post and everything on it sounded wonderful. The menu changes daily according to what they prepare. Maybe 4-6 choices, and it is a really nice mix of selections but it is not a menu with 10 pages of choices. Our party included vegetarians who were thrilled to find interesting vegetarian options, too. We were blown away by the quality, freshness and presentation, had a chance to chat with the chef who told us that she opts for fresh and organic as well. WOW. Oh, and the main review was that everything was DELICIOUS. While we waited for lunch we also had the chance to marvel at the moose head, among other things, hanging up above. It was an amazing moose sighting, actually.
The location of the ranch is spectacular, views are endless until they bump up against the mountains and we could not take our eyes off the views while lunching. going out to ski was equally amazing. If you have guests who do not ski, I think a most spectacular day trip would be to send them to Turpin Valley Ranch for lunch, then they can turn around and drive back to Jackson. The drive alone is wonderful but having such a great lunchtime destination would make quite a wonderful day trip.
It would be fun any time of year. It's a wonderful Nordic ski center with wonderful trails, great vistas and friendly, warm service. Oh yeah, with great food. This was one of my favorite finds in Jackson Hole.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We drove from Jackson Hole over to the Turpin Meadow Ranch for a day ski today and it was wonderful!!! The trails are well laid out and can accommodate all levels and types of nordic skiers. It was such a pleasure to ski on trails with varied terrain and beautiful views in all directions! Afterwards we enjoyed a wonderful lunch and warm drink in their beautifully renovated lodge! The recently renovated cabins look very clean, warm and cozy too and we are looking forward to a longer stay next time we visit! It is definitely worth a side trip if you are visiting Jackson Hole this winter! Ski rentals are also available.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I suffer from traumatic brain injuries. I ALWAYS have bad head aches or migraines. I have flashbacks of the carnage I saw or responded to while I was on active duty. They can be triggered by noises, sights or even smells. I only get an hour or two of sleep.

My wonderful wife and I have stayed there twice. During those stays I did not experience a single episode of flashbacks. Being around the horses was better than any medical treatment I have been through.

The views, the staff, the food the wild life were all more than we could have dreamed about. Then you add Jackson Hole, Yellowstone and the Tetons to that was almost overwhelming.

Unfortunately... I was involved in a bicycle vs car accident. I lost and suffered a double brain injury. One from hitting the SUV and again when I hit the pavement.

We would LOVE to go back, Someday, someway we will make it back.

We have traveled Europe and have many fond memories of of those four short years. I am proud to say Turpin Meadow rates up there with some of those memories. I hope to someday get to share TMR with our daughter and her husband,

The only negative comment I have about the Ranch and its no fault of theirs.... is that the week passed by to fast. Go to TMR you will not regret it. For the dollar you can not get a better weeks vacation for you and your family.

Room Tip: All rooms are created equal.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

I wanted to do something special with my son. Indeed it was.
Not once did my 9 year old son request to watch television and play video games.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Cacahuettes
Reviewed 4 November 2011

My family drove all the way from Rockville, MD to spend 5 days at the Ranch. It ranks as one of the most memorable vacations we've ever taken. The staff and manager's made us feel as if we were home. I loved hanging out in the Lodge. I ate too many cookies and had many cups of coffee and tea which were always available. At night they would let their horses forage in the hills. In the morning it was a beautiful sight to see the Wranglers round up the horses and bring them back to the ranch. If you can stay here, do it.

Room Tip: You'll be staying in rustic cabins.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moran
Heart Six Guest Ranch
#4 of 16 in Grand Teton National Park
Hatchet Resort
Hatchet Resort
#1 of 1 in Moran

Been to Turpin Meadow Ranch? Share your experiences!