“Great hostess”
Review of Sundowner Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newcastle
Sundowner Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Newcastle
“Great hostess”
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

I called the Sundowner Inn wanting to find a place to park and plug in my work truck on a very cold winter nite. Stacey was waiting and came out to show me where to park and plug in. When I got in and checked in I mentioned driving to dinner and she was kind enough to offer to drive me to dinner and then came and picked me up when I was done. She went way beyond anything someone should expect from a motel and I will stay here anytime I'm here and recommend it to everyone I know......thanks a million Stacey.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 6 August 2013

More like a house hotel B&B. great rooms with good beds. People here are very friendly and accommodating. Have all amenities, air ,fridge, micro and very clean.also bike friendly. Quiet and off the beaten track. Would highly recommend. We stayed 3 nights.

Room Tip: I would recommend the rooms with 2 beds, bigger room. For not more money
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Small house turned into an Inn. Room was large with an extra chair. Had a down home feel with the quilt for a bedspread. Clean and comfortable. Wifi worked great. Had an interesting small square shower, towels softer than most hotels. Quick foods for breakfast. $70 for one bed 2 people.

Room Tip: Trains can be heard at night.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

It's an old house converted into a motel.Small sleepy town feel. The frontdesk staff had few words to share and it felt like she didn't care one way our three other that we were there. It felt like staying at an indifferent neighbor's house. The bed sagged in the middle and the trains in the night made it tough to sleep. Considering it's a small to'swn, it was ok but I wouldn't stay again if I didn't have to.

• Stayed June 2013
Wyoming
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We stayed here for two nights. This is an amazing little place, very quiet and warming in nature. The beds we slept on were amazing pillow top beds. Wireless Internet worked great. The breakfast was juice, toast, rolls, fruit, granola bars and coffee. Stacey was wonderful to work with and very accomadating. The couch by the pellet stove was a true hidden ambience.

There isn't much parking available for all the guests, that is the only downfall in my opinion. We walked everywhere we had to go. It is situated within walking distance of downtown.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Ontario
Reviewed 6 October 2012

The room and the beds were good. Breakfast was OK. Staff could be a bit more friendly.
The lobby is nicely appointed but the seating for breakfast is rather limited.
I was torn between an average and very good rating, good but better than average is the proper rating for this place.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Papillion, Nebraska
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Family of 4 stayed for 1 night. Nice location, problem with the AC, room got very warm, but no controls. Good place to stay for a night. The room was small, expecially for a family of 4. Breakfast was nothing special, ended up stopping for a better breakfast later. Seemed like we were inconveniencing the staff. Parking lot was full, and had to ask where to park. (owner was in her room, and seemed bothered by the distraction)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family