“I loved ths place !”
Review of Hilltop Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newcastle
Hilltop Motel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Newcastle
New Orleans, Louisiana
“I loved ths place !”
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I am a single female; I had the room next to the owner's part. IT was scrupuloulay clean, I had everything I needed (IT is fitted to be like a small cabin!)
My tub was very clean, heater was excellent, and I have fond memories of an enjoyable time (I had my Great Dane with me.)

JF
New Orleans

Room Tip: Stay in the one by the owners!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Jules F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I guess I should start with the bathrooms. They had been cleaned, but there was only so much you could do to get those 'looking' clean. They are old and falling apart. I wasn't so keen on the blass bricks inside the shower that start barely above waist level, straight out to the outside. In the center of these was a loose vent which leaked cold air in while taking a shower.

I'm not sure if the floor had been vacuumed, maybe I tracked i all that dirt? I'm inclined to think not.

The wireless internet signal would never connect longer than two or three minutes, and it only connected twice in an hour and a half. I could hear everything going on in the next room via the connecting door.

The man that ran the hotel, at least the man that was there the night I came in, and the maid the next morning were both pleasant and friendly; but this hotel needs some serous work. I dont think it's worth a stay, given the number of other available local hotels.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank TravT

Travellers are raving about these Newcastle hotels

Wyoming
Reviewed 17 June 2010

I had planned to stay at the Hilltop for 2 nights, but left after one night...The bathroom was filthy, there was no way you could even think about taking a bath...We found crusted food on one of the pillow cases, so we didn't even sleep under the sheets...The carpet and floors were stained and dirty...Window screen was broken, so you couldn't lock the door and feel safe...We left the next day, and didn't get our money back for the second night...NO WAY will I ever stay at this place again...

• Stayed May 2010