“Hilltop Motel is Great!”
Review of Hilltop Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newcastle
Hilltop Motel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Newcastle
Howard Lake, Minnesota
“Hilltop Motel is Great!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We were on a 3,000 mile trip through ND, MT, WY, and SD, and stayed here towards the end of our trip. It was Sturgis Rally Week, and the owners hosted a dinner for all their guests the night we stayed, which they do annually for bikers. We were the only vehicle in the parking lot with lots of motorcycles! We had great food, great conversation with other guests, and Jerry and Fay are the most gracious hosts! The bed was very comfortable, and that's what we needed on this trip :) Would highly recommend this Motel - great price for a good night's sleep!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Patti B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vermont
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Just keep your expectations in check here. Rooms are small and very basic (though having fridge, microwave and flat screen - with movies to rent in the office - is a big surprise). It hit the spot for us after a long drive with an extremely comfy queen and bunk bed combination for our family of four. The entire facility is dated for sure but as one reviewer put it - this is serious americana. The owners are very kind and pride themselves on a clean facility. But it is what it is - the train rumbles by every so often, the air conditioner rattles a bit (but keeps the outside noise out) and the walls are pretty thin. Our biggest issue was paying top dollar for the room b/c we timed it with the Sturgis motorcycle weekend. Otherwise, during their regular time, this would be a reasonable deal for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for the far corner room if it's available. Then you'll only have neighbors on one side.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank travelingvermonters
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I picked this hotel based on all the comments that I had seen on Trip Advisor and was disappointed that the room I was given had really dirty carpet. I'm a single girl and stayed there with my 6 year old niece. It was very convenient to have the microwave, DVD player and refrigerator and I felt safe, but it wasn't nearly as clean as I'd hoped and the A/C was very noisy. I had to cool it down and then turn it off before we went to sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 28 May 2013

A nice and clean little motel. We were able to get a room with only weeks notice before relatively nearby Sturgis week. The owners were kind and helpful. The rooms were dated but very clean. But this is the Americana I miss from my childhood 40 years ago.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank William H
morgan hill
Reviewed 20 February 2013

this Is great little mom and pops place I stayed about three weeks while working on a pipeline nice friendly owners it's a older place but clean has comfortable beds has over sized mini and microwave price not bad for a week $245

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank deepeasttx
Lamar, Colorado
Reviewed 16 February 2013

The Front desk Clerk wa svery helpful recommened a place to eat it was great the room is great siz, very clean nice tv, love the hot water, a bath felt great, would stay here again. The TV is nice size and the room lighting is brite.

Room Tip: Id like to see the front desk guy strum on the guitar in the lobby!! Was nice to chat with him!!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Tori L
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I loved staying here. The owners are charming. The room was cabinish. Everything was clean. There are sinks in the kitchen area. The room was warm and the bed was comfortable. My dad and I stayed at motels in several states during our trip, and this was my favorite out of all of them. Thanks for the hospitality Faye and Jerry. (I don't know them personally, but I remember their names because of how warm and friendly they are.)

Room Tip: The sign said "Welcome Hunters". The rooms were very reasonably priced.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family