“Surprinsingly delightful”
Review of Rivera Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pinedale
Rivera Lodge
Ranked #2 of 10 Pinedale B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Surprinsingly delightful”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Don't miss this delightful place. I was passing through, planning to explore the area a bit. A friend and I came across the Rivera Lodge, which proved to be a trip highlight. This historic, relatively small establishment sits right along a creek and is set back from the highway - meaning it's quieter than most motels I've used. The modest rooms were comfortable. The proprietess was charming, AND each morning she cooked a breakfast (!) that was better than most of the B&Bs I've visited. I appreciated her enthusiasm for the nearby mountains and her help and advice for our hiking. Her partner is an adorable pooch. Oh - and the place it's right next door to the town brewery. :-)

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank jcoutside

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stopping at the Rivera Lodge is taking a trip back in time, maybe 50 years or so. The cabins along the creek are like the places where you used to stop back in the 1950's when small towns like Pinedale had not all been totally bypassed by the Interstate system.
The cabins are cozy, but spotlessly clean and well-maintained. The small but well-equipped kitchens are totally serviceable with no unnecessary frills.
Just open the back window overlooking the creek and fall asleep to the gentle sound of the fresh, flowing water running down from the Wind River Range.
As others have noted, Emi is very friendly and helpful and takes excellent care of her guests, while Bird (the lodge dog) is always ready for a head-scratch from willing guests.
The Sunday morning campfire breakfast is not to be missed -- Emi cooks up the basics of eggs, pancakes and sausages over an open fire and adds delicacies such as abundant fresh fruits.
Guests dine beside the creek and enjoy the scenery which, on one day in June, included a passing moose.

Room Tip: Go for one of the original cabins along the creek, so you can hear the rushing water through your op...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank LandscapePhotos
Centerville, Utah USA
Reviewed 27 September 2013

A group of five of us stayed in one of their lodges for one night prior to a backpack trip in the Wind River Mountains and one night following the trip. The lodge was comfortable with plenty of room to sit. Dishes were clean. Location was perfect next to the stream. Also, we enjoyed a wonderful pancake breakfast with the other guests on the bank of the stream. I enjoyed the entire experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
California
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Rivera Lodge exceeded my expectations. The room was cute, cozy and comfortable. I stayed in one of the smaller units since it was just for an overnight. It was lovely hearing the creek running behind our unit. The shower was hot and powerful with nice amenities. Emi and Bird (friendly black lab) are a terrific team. Emi's breakfast was wonderful and I made sure I had a taste of everything! I wish I could have stayed longer and enjoyed more of the ambiance of Pinedale and the Rivera Lodge. Thank you Emi for a lovely stay and for returning my jacket which I left behind. It arrived 2 days after I returned home!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank NCALGAL
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My travel partner and myself were leaders for a National Sierra Club Trip in the Wind River Range. When we drove from Salt Lake we arrived to find our gear that had been shipped in our room. Emi helped us fins a suitable place to organize our gear and a great place to give our participants their intro talk. When we came back from the trail she allowed us to clean our gear with no hassles. The food was five star and the dining room was cozy. It was so cool to strike warm relationships with other guests. I will recommend Rivera Lodge to any of my friends going through Pinedale

Andy Quinn, Lakeland, Florda

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
kalispell
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Stay there. In fact, go out of your way to stay there. Emi knows better than anyone in the universe how to take care of her customers. Ginger snaps upon arrival; chairs next to the creek right behind your room; a HUGE, AMAZING breakfast; our own doggy bag complete with a leash, dog bowl, poop bags, and protective sheets; cozy duvets on the bed; spotless; quiet; close to the Wind River Brewery - the best in the west. T.V.

I can't overstate my wife's previous comments. We have stayed in a lot of B&Bs and motels and nothing comes close to the Rivera. Charming is the word that keeps coming to mind. I loved all the attention to the little things that made it so wonderful - the little frills on the sheets,the ginger snaps, the dog-friendliness, and Bird, Emi's dog. Emi also hangs the laundry out to dry rather than some commercial clothes dryer, a nice touch. We have often talked about making another trip to Pinedale just to stay at Emi's place - the Rivera. Can't wait! J.V.

Green Features: Emi is very Eco-friendly. But what really caught my attention was that she dries all the laundry like bed sheets and pillow cases outside on the clothesline. Saves energy and they smell great, too.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This wonderfully unique property is worth a trek through the Wyoming wilderness. Emi and Bird are fantastic hosts who work hard to offer clean, comfortable lodging off the beaten path. On a whim we detoured our route between Missoula and Boulder through Pinedale, and it turned out to be a choice we truly enjoyed ... in great part because of our stay at Rivera Lodge. (And, yes, breakfast was excellent as so many others have said.)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple