“Great little motel”
Review of Sundance Motel

Sundance Motel
Ranked #5 of 10 Pinedale B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is one of those refurbished (and it's been totally re-done) older motels that lives up to its five-star reviews. Yes, the rooms are smaller than what the modern traveler may be used to, but they're clean, comfortable, and well taken care of. The staff person that checked me in was friendly and helpful, both in the afternoon and again the next morning. If you don't mind being a little cramped (how much room does it take to sleep?), and you want something different from the anonymity of the big chains, the Sundance is your motel. The price is right as well. A great place to stay before heading into the national parks. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Chico108

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

They cramed two queen size beds in a room that was tiny. Only one super tiny night table between the two beds and barely enough room to walk between the beds and the wall. The bathroom has a pedistal sink... No counter top space at all for getting ready in the morning. This room was ridiculously small and cramped. Had one small desk that was so full of menus, magazines and other junk it was basically useless. To top it off the sign outside reads $69 but when you go inside they inform you it's $79. I will say the room was really clean and staff very nice... However I'm still feeling cloister phobic after staying in this room with 3 kids and the hubby!

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

The lady running the hotel is lovely. She gave us a discount because the price on her outside board indicated a lower price ( which is for AA membership only) than the actual room price. We did not even asked for it! The lady cleaning the rooms was welcoming and friendly.The lobby is well decorated and a great place for breakfast on a cold morning.The breakfast was a bit high calories (bagles - muffins). Maybe yogurts and cereals/milk will be an improvement.
Our room was perfect. Clean, great facilities (desk, coffee maker) and the bed was extremely comfortable. It's very cosy! The blinds block the light well which is nice for a sleep-in in the morning!

We payed 69 dollars ( before tax) which I think is fair compared to the other motels around.

Thank you for giving us a great stay in beautiful Pinedale!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank foodie f
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Good place to stop when on your way to Jackson Hole and you just run out of juice Rooms are nice and clean.
Very nice showers. ...Some nice stone work had been done there, Better than I expected. Beds have class white linens.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Don't judge too soon when you arrive in Pinedale and see this Motel, very clean rooms and hotel overall (upkeep) Staff very helpful and cheery, made stay more enjoyable. Continental breakfast needs improvement for more choices. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Any room is good, had a choice of three to choose from at the time.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

In my recent visit to Pinedale, Wy., I passed up the chain hotels for a nice and very pleasant stay at the clean and quiet Sundance Motel. I was very happy I chose it. Friendly, helpful staff, nice little continental breakfast and close to stores and good restaurants. Skip the chain motels, and settle in for a relaxing night at the Sundance Motel. They also have a beautiful, clean welcoming lobby! I'll be back! Very fair pricing! (LK from WI)

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We were traveling back from vacation in Yellowstone last Saturday and just happened to stop at the Sundance Motel in Pinedale, WY to see if they had a room for the night. The next day about 4 hours down the road, I realized I had left my jewelry in the room - five rings - my wedding ring and diamond, a blue diamond from our 25th wedding anniversary trip to Alaska, and my Mother's first set of wedding rings, along with a pair of sterling silver and turquoise ear rings. As soon as we had cell coverage we called the hotel and was immediately told that they had the jewelry and my pillow! Today I got the items in the mail. Thanks so much for the fine people that work at and manage the Sundance Motel. They were very nice when we checked in and left, the room was spotless, the breakfast was good, and they really go the extra mile to get the ring and pillow back to me! I encourage anyone to stay with the folks at Sundance Motel! They are the best.

Room Tip: We stayed in 101 -- very nice and close to the lobby.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple