“Good deal”

The Lodge at Pinedale
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Pinedale
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for hockey games and it was a fine hotel. They gave us a great discount on the room and then were greeted with an unknown perk of 10 cents off per gallon of gas at the neighboring gas station.

The pool was small but was warm, so my kids loved it. However, the breakfast led much to be desired and it was annoying that the 4 slit toaster only had one sleeve that worked. Oh well, still worth the deal.

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank sir_grouch

Reviewed 15 November 2013

In september 2013 my husband and I stayed 1 night in this hotel, due to a case of Murphy's law.

The previous two nights we had been staying in a very basic lodge near the east entrance of Yellowstone Park, where we didn't have acces to a computer.
We had a reservation for a room in the Rawhide motel in Jackson Hole (Wy), but when we arrived there at 5.30 pm the lady at the reception said that she had cancelled our reservation because she had had a problem with the pre-authorisation of my creditcard.
She had sent me an email about it but since I hadn't answered,she had given away our room and the hotel was fully booked. I was very upset about this, as I hadn't had any problems with my creditcard in the previous hotels or restaurants.

We checked out the surrounding hotels, but to no avail : everything was fully booked, or too expensive for our budget. It seems that this is a situation that repeats itself nearly every day in the touristic season, as Jackson Hole is the nearest town where all the visitors of Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park end up after their visit.

So we ended up driving 1,5 hours from Jackson Hole to Pinedale, and my husband decided he wanted to check in in this hotel, as the Best Western next door was more expensive.
I had mixed emotions about it, but I was still upset about the whole creditcard affair.

The Lodge at Pinedale is situated next to a gas station.
There were many rough-looking men hanging around the hotel, and there was dog-poop on the parking lot of the hotel.

The girl at the reception was very friendly and helpfull. She gave us a room on the 3rd floor.
The room was big and clean but slightly worn, with a comfortable king bed.
There was a refrigerator, a table with chairs and an older model TV in the room.

The bathroom was clean, but the toilet didn't flush well.

We had a quiet night's sleep, although I was still worried about the safety of our car in the parking lot.

Breakfast was nothing special, with many of the rough-looking guys we saw the night before sitting in the breakfast room.
Items quickly ran out after 7 am., and weren't replenished while we ate there.

When we checked out, the girl at the reception gave us an extra copy of the room bill, with which
you can get a discount of 10 cents/gallon at the gas station next door.

So to conclude : this is a cheap hotel with big, clean but slightly dated rooms, that seemed to have mostly single working men as their clientele.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelcrazyAntwerp
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We've been on the road for two weeks traveling the West and this was the first place that offered or even asked us if my husband was a Veteran. They gave us an additional 10% off over the AAA or the AARP discount. Ashley at the front desk was so friendly and helpful. She suggested the café across the street for dinner, we enjoyed it and they had the BEST coconut pie ever. Our room and the bathroom was very clean. The only suggestion I would have is that they need to clean their carpets better or more often. We had a great night's sleep and I would stay here again. The clerk the morning we checked out was also very nice, great customer service. Also you get a voucher to get 10 cents off per gallon at the gas station next to the motel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmnteddyLakeCity_FL
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Seriously, I would have camped the second night if I had a choice. I had to request towels. I had to request soap. If I were a betting man, I'd wager that the sheets are not changed daily. The breakfast has been approached in other reviews. I would only add that it is what it is, which isn't much and is simply suffice as long as you aren't gluten free, which I am. My recommendation: there's a brand new Hampton Inn just down the road. I don't care what the cost difference is, stay there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay here because the price was incredible and the other chain hotels were booked solid. Well we can see why the rates are so cheap! The decor in the rooms are SO outdated and run down. We had the hardest time with their sleeper sofa, it was all bent out of shape and the mattress was so thin you could feel every bar underneath. The housekeeping staff didn't bother to check the freezer in the fridge so we had to throw away another person's food. We were actually almost afraid to take our shoes off in our room. The breakfast (if you want to call it that) was a few pieces of frozen waffles and frozen french toast, bagels, english muffins, and mini muffins. And God forbid you ask the front desk to refill any if it, they act as if it's not their job to keep it replenished for their guests. Not a place that our family will be staying at again!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Crystal180
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We chose to stay at The Lodge late one night while driving through WY. We had originally stopped at the Best Western, but the hotel clerk was too busy flirting with a guest about the pool key than to take our over-priced reservation. But we found that The Lodge was best, at $68 a night for the three of us and our pooch, which included breakfast in the morning and very friendly service it was the best option for us. Very clean and comfortable, and they loved our dog. We'll be back if we ever need a place to stay again, thanks!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelingKygers
Reviewed 23 August 2012

The most reasonable priced motel in the area. If you are either going or coming from Jackson Hole and want to get away from the over-charged motels in the Jackson Hole area this is the place. Lots of activities in the area. Clean room, good bedding package and the staff was friendly. We saved almost $75 a night by leaving Jackson Hole and their over charged, worn out rooms on the way home. Thank you lto the Lodge at Pinedale for a nice stay and a cheaper rate.

Room Tip: Stay here and save the money going into or from Jackson Hole on your vacattion.