“Small and not very clean!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ranchester Western Motel

Ranchester Western Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ranchester
Cabool, Missouri
“Small and not very clean!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed one night on June 28, 2012, on our way to Yellowstone, and other than location, which was good, and price (for booking 10 months in advance), we were not impressed. Bathroom was not clean, hair on floor and in tub, ( the owner did come and wipe it down), the room was very small with no table, breakfast was not until 7 AM, and most persons traveling to yellowstone or on the Interstate would be gone by then, (we were).

Room Tip: If you are traveling alone, ask for room with no connecting door.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank motraveler50

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

I drove up from Denver to see a band in a nearby town for NYE. This was the closest hotel I could find to the bands venue so I booked it over the phone ahead of time. When we got to the hotel the lady came up to the front, opened the door and looked at me like I was completely inconsiderate for being there. I told her that we wanted to check in and she told me there were no rooms. I let her know that we had reserved a room. (again with the looks like I was completely putting her out). She asked my name and then told me that they did not have a CC # on file and therefore were unable to hold the room! I am sorry, but I feel like this was the responsibility of the person who took my reservation. And if they forgot... why not just give me a call? It was one of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tessa D

Travellers are raving about these Ranchester hotels

Neligh Ne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

Both my husband and i stayed there on our way to start work in Yellowstone the oweners where very sweet and i would love to live there in Ranchchester. They made us feel welcome and at 65.00 a nite what a deal !! .

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Silt, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

We were in Ranchester visiting friends and this was the only Motel in the area, we stayed 3 nights and we got a 10% discount for 2 beds. Not much for the price but comfortable and great water pressure, only complaint was tub was dirty still had dirt ring and the beds could use some updating but like I said if you are just looking for a comfortable cozy for most part place this is it. Some great little places to eat here also and gorgeous area in the fall.

Room Tip: Make sure you look at rooms before staying
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SeanandLarue
the West
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

The Western Motel is a nice, family run motel in the town of Ranchester, Wyoming. The motel was reasonably priced for the only motel in a town on one of the routes to Yellowstone. They allow pets, and there is a better than wonderful park not more than three blocks away for families with children who need to work off energy from sitting in the car all day. We enjoyed walking around town in the evening after we had driven along the river to see the wildlife feeding.
This community is in a beautiful and historical setting so the motel is a nice place to stay for fishermen, sightseers, hunters, history and railroad buffs, and folks going to or coming from Yellowstone. The local restaurant was closed so we drove to Dayton's Branding Iron, which had a good supper and better breakfast. Best bacon ever.
The young man who checked us in told us about the canyon drive along the Tongue River beginning in Dayton, and it was a lovely, short autumn drive.
I felt safe and the room was clean. We didn't get a room with a fridge or microwave, but those are available. We did enjoy sitting out front of our room that night in the chairs provided.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Worland, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

I stayed at the motel for a "play" weekend snowmobiling on the mountain. The room was great, the service was awesome, and the restaurant a couple of blocks from the motel was out of this world good with a four star chef as the owner/operator. I will use this motel again and again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2010

Very clean and friendly. Close to great dining, 4 star chef restaurant 3 blocks from motel and a bar and grill just across the street, ideal for relaxing before retiring for the night. Great for weekend getaway, just a few miles from Big Horn Mountain 4-wheeling or ski mobile trails. I would recommend this motel to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ranchester
BEST WESTERN Sheridan Center
#5 of 21 in Sheridan
Elk View Inn
Elk View Inn
#2 of 4 in Dayton

Been to Ranchester Western Motel? Share your experiences!