“Great cheeseburgers and friendly service!”
Review of The Office Bar & Grill - CLOSED

The Office Bar & Grill
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch
Description: We offer ice cold beer & drink specials,great grill food & a friendly atmosphere.Multiple pool tables, darts and beer pong.
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I picked this place to eat in Rawlins because I saw the owner commenting on every review and I believe that shows he takes pride in his business and cares what customers think. When I walked in, it was very smokey. If you smoke, that's great. I sat at the bar and was greeted by the bar tender and she was so friendly I felt like I was at home having my mom serve dinner. I had to order the cheeseburger based on the owner's comments and it was GREAT!!! The fries had this extra crispy batter or something on them and they were just as good. Topped it off with a diet soda and it came to under $10. While they don't specialize in food items, the food is tops!

totoshome40, Owner at The Office Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thank you Derek for your up-beat review. We know the bartender you referred to...she has been with us from the start and a great asset to our business. Sorry about the smoke. Smoke-Eaters in the future!! Give the brisket a try next time!! Thank-you , Mike and Jo

Reviewed 21 December 2012

Based on the previous reviews I thought I would give it a shot. The reuben was served on cheap wheat colored bread. The Green Chili used way too much chicken stock or broth and was much closer to checken stew than Green Chili. Smokey barroom atmosphere.

2  Thank seminoebrat
totoshome40, Owner at The Office Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

We are regretful that you did not appreciate your meal as much as we would have liked. But I would like to clarify a few things about our products that you tried. The so called "cheap wheat bread" is actually Sara Lee light rye. Our Green Chili is an authentic New Mexico style. Made with Hatch chilis that we get from our friends in New Mexico. There is no chicken broth used nor any fillers such as carrots or potatoes. You get chunky pork tenderloin. Some "fast food" style restaurants use ground pork as well as fillers to make it go further. One last reply to your comments would be that yes, we are a bar & grill. Bar being first and foremost. We do not claim to be a restaurant. But we try to keep our clientele happy with a small but tasty menu.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Driving across Wyoming and stopped in Rawlins for lunch. We stopped at The Office after reading Trip Advisor. What a treat. Lunch at the bar served by the owner, Jo. We had the brisket sandwich and the green chili.....both delicious. I would recommend this bar/ restaurant to all.

Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

TribTraveler...Jo & I would both like to thank you so much...We have been using Trip Advisor for a few years now, and the reviews by fellow travelers have led us to spots on our adventures that we would have missed otherwise...So happy that you found us in the same manner...I especially enjoyed my wife's story of how she suspected that you had found us...how VERY cool...Your recommendation is very valuable to us...If your ever in the neighborhood again...I would really enjoy meeting you also....( You really should try the reuben...Jo's design...really good )...wishing you both great travels & adventures...Mike...

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Stopped at this local watering hole fog lunch on our way through town. Basically a very cool bar with pool tables. We sat at the bar and had lunch: a really spicy, terrific green Chili, a stellar brisket sandwich (seriously good) and a solid cheeseburger. The service and locals were friendly.

totoshome40, Owner at The Office Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

TPro...my wife Jo,and I want to thank you for your review.We have always been proud of the quality of the items on our menu.Since we got the bar,we have made several additions to that menu.Our homemade green chili,{made with real Hatch New Mexico green chilies},and my texas style brisket are 2 items that we are especially proud of.The cheeseburgers...well...have been my personal favorite for years. Once again...thank you for your review & we hope to serve you again in the future. Mike...