“On the older side”
Review of Days Inn Rawlins

Days Inn Rawlins
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just passing through on vacation. Needed a place to stay. The rooms were on the small side, bathroom very small with a squeaky floor. Price was a little high but it was okay. Have been in worse hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kjmoseley
UncleStevie, Owner at Days Inn Rawlins, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hi kjmoseley,
I like your comments. I think the rooms are usually larger, we have one smaller one, but the rest see to be fine.
You caught it on the squeaky floor in the bathroom. As with the texture coating ongoing in the rooms, the bathroom floors are having the old linoleum replaced with tiles. We are not done, but should be soon. I think that out of 120 rooms, we have only 30 or less to go.
We are the good guys and strive to keep our Days Inn in tip top condition, but some things are in progress and in Rawlins, getting a crew to do things sometimes takes over a year, unless we do it ourselves. To get on the construction crew schedule to replace the roof gutters took 1 1/2 years and it is frustrating. Come by again, the rooms are upgraded, the restaurant menu isslowly, but actually , expanding . Our head of Food and beverage is a wiz, but she can not work 24/7 and we have been pretty fortunate to have other great staff for the rest of the time.
Keep smiling,
Steve, the owner

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Rawlins

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Everything just looks worn out. There were chips on our furniture. Carpet worn, bedding too. We did have the promised fridge and microwave, they worked. Only one chair for a room with two beds. The front desk people were nice and efficient. But the maids came into our room BEFORE we had checked out to strip all the bedding. It was annoying to move out around the mess.
I would only stay here again if the price difference was excellent.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa H

Hi, I apologize for the maids coming in before you checked out. I am surprised you did not just say, come by later, we are still here. That should not happen and the staff has been informed not to do that. It is possible that a new maid made a mistake.
Our room prices are lower than the equivalent prices and we strive and mostly succeed tin giving the best value possible.
Did you check the price diffenence between our hotel and those surrounding? Yes, the price difference is significant.
STeve, the owner :)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

All the money spent on this hotel has been lavished on the lobby. Worn and dirty carpets in the hallways. My room had a sign warning that "no hotel room is completely secure", sure enough the window latch in my room was broken and part of it was missing! The window opened (from either inside or out) just by sliding it. No window screen. The half - bottle of complimentary shampoo carefully displayed on the bathroom counter was kind of creepy. I am as environmentally conscious as anyone, but this seems a bit much. The onsite restaurant has all the ambiance of a school cafeteria, and while my steak was seasoned well and cooked correctly, both baked potatoes we received were hard and dry, as though they had inhabited the steam table for several days. For $15 a dinner salad would have been nice but they don't seem to do salad. Breakfast would have been fine if the waffle batter had not been MIA. I told the individual in charge that there was no waffle batter, then watched for 40 minutes while she did everything but refill the waffle batter. Twelve people came in ( I counted) and tried in vain for a waffle. Next time I will take Business 30 downtown for a motel and avoid the highway blight that has afflicted Rawlins.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
UncleStevie, Owner at Days Inn Rawlins, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

I am sorry that your experience was not up to our standards.
The issue of hallway carpets are something which is an issue. They are only two years old, and are shampooed regularly. The quality was misrepresented to me on purchase. With the problems of the labor pool in Rawlins, I had to reach out to Denver to get a crew to install the new carpet which will be completed later this month.
I wish you had reported the issue of the latch on the window to the front desk, and if you let me know, I will have that inspected and any issues immediately corrected.
I disagree with your comments about the restaurant. It is nicely done for our area.
I will discuss the salad issue with our head of Food and Beverage. Salads are available. I do not know what happened with your meal but will work with the staff to make sure all is better.
I look forward to your return to prove that things change and we strive to have all of our guests have wonderful experiences at the Days In.
Steve Bein- owner

Reviewed 30 June 2014

First, I must say that I don't think there's a happy person in this town. None of the hotel staff was friendly. Only 1 staff member at a nearby restaurant seemed happy.

Check in was a slow process, for reasons that were not explained to me - there were two staff members at the desk, but only 1 could check people in. We got to our room (after walking down a VERY dingy and smelly hallway) and found our room didn't have the fridge and microwave that were on our confirmation. When I called the front desk I was told they were full and there weren't any other rooms and that if I'd booked through them it wouldn't have been a problem. I explained that I booked with daysinn.com and I'd like the room I paid for. All of a sudden she had a room she could switch me to.

The rooms are in major need of updating - furniture was very cheap, the wood on the dresser was swollen from water damage. The carpet was gross. The floor in the bathroom needs a major scrubbing. The comforter, well we quickly took those off, but the rest of the bedding was clean.

The pool did not seem heated, but my daughter spent plenty of time in it playing and swimming laps - we were thankful for a fairly large pool for lap swimming.

The breakfast was ok, but certainly didn't have the variety that others mentioned having (and we were there fairly early). The pre-made omelet was pretty good.

It's definitely a low-budget hotel - so if you're fine with that then this might be acceptable to you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Oregon Traveller,
Your stay will be different. The carpets have been a problem and we finally have new ones being delivered. With the labor pool in Rawlins, we had to reach to Denver to arrange carpet layers to replace the hallway carpet.
The front desk had rooms reserved and your with the frig and microwave were among them, therefore that is why they were able to switch you to a room with those amenities.
Staff in training would explain why only one of the two at the front desk could check you in.
Our variety in breakfast is outstanding, but is spread over three walls, so unless you looked at all the walls, you would not see the full variety. We exceed the top breakfast level for Days Inn and continue improving.
Your description does not do justice to the property or our hard working staff as is described by many of our happy guests who have reported on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was my fourth stay at the Days Inn at Rawlins,Wy.Great staff, and accomodations.The free breakfast,(French toast,barratoes.,jucies,waffles,fresh fruit,cerals,coffee,milk,etc.,fantistek.The rooms are clean with king,or queen pillow top beds.If you like cookies they offer FREE cookies, and popcorn.the easy on,and off is very convient the freeway(I 70).Like I mentioned Jeff(the mgr.)and staff will help you in any the they,they also free internet,and great food in the loung.If in the area stop,and stay you'll be happy you did.

Larry B

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
UncleStevie, Owner at Days Inn Rawlins, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We do work hard to keep our hotel in tip top condition, even in the busy times, we are always cleaning, fixing and trying ways to keep improving.
owner, Steve

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have been at Days Inn, Rawlins for a few weeks now and have nothing but good things to say about it. When you walk in the front door you find the nicest, most helpful people. It doesn't take long to realize that all the staff are the same way.
The food in the restaurant is really great and has quite a variety. You won't find a better meal anywhere in Rawlins.
The rooms are comfortable, clean, and roomy, I have had no problem getting the rest I need.
But the main thing is the employees, from the manager on down everyone is so friendly and helpful. I will stay here again the next time I am in this area!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing my property. We work hard to satisfy all guests with the best possible, including adding new breakfast items to the menu, making sure our restaurant and bar are clean,neat and serve quality items.