“Would have given it a 31/2” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Rawlins

Days Inn Rawlins
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Cabool, Missouri
“Would have given it a 31/2”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed one night at this Days Inn on July 18th, and considered it pretty average. We had a large king room, that could have been cleaner, had some hair on the bathroom floor, needs new carpet in the room, and the downstairs hallway carpet was very stained and faded. The room had a microwave and fridge, coffeepot, large screen TV, but the large vanity was inside the bathroom (a big minus), and they did not have evening coffee in the lobby.
Breakfast was good with sausage patties, cheese Omelets, mini muffins, cereals, breads, yogurt, juice and coffee.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had a devil of a time finding a place to stay in Rawlins, finally took the last room at the Days Inn, which was a smoking room, even though we are non-smokers. The hallway was worn and dingy and smelled heavily of smoke, but the room itself did not. The room was decent size, pretty basic - 2 beds, a small table and TV, no extras or micro/fridge. Both room and bathroom are, I woulds say, adequately clean. Breakfast was very good with good variety and a number of options and served in a spacious breakfast area. We would have stayed somewhere else if we could have found a place, but it was okay. I have read some of the other reviews and find it disturbing that the manager, instead of using the opportunity to improve, responds defensively that the reviewers are mistaken or outright lying. They aren't - this really isn't a very good place. It isn't a dump, but the facilities and service are just barely average, at best, and for the quality should be about $50 less.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear from Dixie,
I notice you complain that I respond defensively instead of acting. I have to contradict that. Rawlins Wyoming is an interesting place, but getting crews to handle major things takes time and we have to live with that. It took us about 3 months to order the two roof HVAC's and have them installed, all by crews from out of the town.
Our hallway carpet, Thankfully, is finally being replaced. This has taken months to find a proper commercial carpet and then make accommodations for the crew of installers from Denver. We constantly upgrade. We bust our collective @$$ es to keep improving and make guests happy. I am sure if and when you return, you will see the improvements we make daily, weekly and monthly in spite of difficulties in getting crews to do the work. Our maintenance staff works full time maintaining and replacing items. We now have a tile crew for replacing many of the bathroom floors. Some of them came from Los Angeles, so, you see, we do have to go to greater lengths than a large city to keep things neat, clean, fresh and friendly. Well, thankfully, the staff is already friendly.
Keep smiling,
Steve the Owner :)
Park City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I am truly not one to complain, but this hotel was SO gross that I have to recommend nobody stay there until they make some changes. The hallway carpet had patches of standing water throughout the hall. Our room literally had BOOGERS on the wall next to the bed. The bathroom had finger streaks of dirt (or possibly some other bodily...). The headboard had...who knows what on it!!!! The sheets had black stains and the pillowcase looked like it had mascara on it. The bedspread had holes in it. The carpet had not been vacuumed. I called the front desk and requested that the beds be remade and the room be cleaned. The staff was helpful and apologetic - they sent someone to change the sheets. Also, the hotel lobby smelled like vomit. Super disappointed!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
UncleStevie, Owner at Days Inn Rawlins, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for your report. I take issue with it. As far as your claim of patches of standing water through out the hall especially. Yes, we did have a fairly new water heater begin to leak and there was ONE pool of water about 3' wide and extenting into the hall about 1 foot. This was vacuumed frequently until the replacement heater arrived.
My manager had all rooms examined since you did not specify which room you were in and, though I have asked over 40 guests for which room they stayed in, they have never replied. We have checked in rooms when we could determine who made a comment and rarely find the problem and if we find a problem we correct it. This time, after examining about 40 rooms, we found one comforter with a tear that had not been caught. IT was replaced immediately. Dirty sheets??? They are washed daily and any with stains which do not come out are taken out of service. Carpets are vacuumed by the maids daily. The manager has never heard or experienced smells in the lobby as you describe.
I am sorry you felt it necessary to write such a review.
By the way, though it has taken a long time we finally have a replacement carpet for the hallways and it will be installed as soon as the crew we have had to import from Denver arrives, which is expected in a week or two.
Steve Bein, owner.

Travellers are raving about these Rawlins hotels

Springfield, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just passing through on vacation. Needed a place to stay. The rooms were on the small side, bathroom very small with a squeaky floor. Price was a little high but it was okay. Have been in worse hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
1 Thank kjmoseley
Hi kjmoseley,
I like your comments. I think the rooms are usually larger, we have one smaller one, but the rest see to be fine.
You caught it on the squeaky floor in the bathroom. As with the texture coating ongoing in the rooms, the bathroom floors are having the old linoleum replaced with tiles. We are not done, but should be soon. I think that out of 120 rooms, we have only 30 or less to go.
We are the good guys and strive to keep our Days Inn in tip top condition, but some things are in progress and in Rawlins, getting a crew to do things sometimes takes over a year, unless we do it ourselves. To get on the construction crew schedule to replace the roof gutters took 1 1/2 years and it is frustrating. Come by again, the rooms are upgraded, the restaurant menu isslowly, but actually , expanding . Our head of Food and beverage is a wiz, but she can not work 24/7 and we have been pretty fortunate to have other great staff for the rest of the time.
Keep smiling,
Steve, the owner
San Jose
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Everything just looks worn out. There were chips on our furniture. Carpet worn, bedding too. We did have the promised fridge and microwave, they worked. Only one chair for a room with two beds. The front desk people were nice and efficient. But the maids came into our room BEFORE we had checked out to strip all the bedding. It was annoying to move out around the mess.
I would only stay here again if the price difference was excellent.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa H
UncleStevie, Owner at Days Inn Rawlins, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hi, I apologize for the maids coming in before you checked out. I am surprised you did not just say, come by later, we are still here. That should not happen and the staff has been informed not to do that. It is possible that a new maid made a mistake.
Our room prices are lower than the equivalent prices and we strive and mostly succeed tin giving the best value possible.
Did you check the price diffenence between our hotel and those surrounding? Yes, the price difference is significant.
STeve, the owner :)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

All the money spent on this hotel has been lavished on the lobby. Worn and dirty carpets in the hallways. My room had a sign warning that "no hotel room is completely secure", sure enough the window latch in my room was broken and part of it was missing! The window opened (from either inside or out) just by sliding it. No window screen. The half - bottle of complimentary shampoo carefully displayed on the bathroom counter was kind of creepy. I am as environmentally conscious as anyone, but this seems a bit much. The onsite restaurant has all the ambiance of a school cafeteria, and while my steak was seasoned well and cooked correctly, both baked potatoes we received were hard and dry, as though they had inhabited the steam table for several days. For $15 a dinner salad would have been nice but they don't seem to do salad. Breakfast would have been fine if the waffle batter had not been MIA. I told the individual in charge that there was no waffle batter, then watched for 40 minutes while she did everything but refill the waffle batter. Twelve people came in ( I counted) and tried in vain for a waffle. Next time I will take Business 30 downtown for a motel and avoid the highway blight that has afflicted Rawlins.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
UncleStevie, Owner at Days Inn Rawlins, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
I am sorry that your experience was not up to our standards.
The issue of hallway carpets are something which is an issue. They are only two years old, and are shampooed regularly. The quality was misrepresented to me on purchase. With the problems of the labor pool in Rawlins, I had to reach out to Denver to get a crew to install the new carpet which will be completed later this month.
I wish you had reported the issue of the latch on the window to the front desk, and if you let me know, I will have that inspected and any issues immediately corrected.
I disagree with your comments about the restaurant. It is nicely done for our area.
I will discuss the salad issue with our head of Food and Beverage. Salads are available. I do not know what happened with your meal but will work with the staff to make sure all is better.
I look forward to your return to prove that things change and we strive to have all of our guests have wonderful experiences at the Days In.
Steve Bein- owner