“1 night stay in Rawlins”
Review of Days Inn Rawlins

Days Inn Rawlins
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Brush, Colorado
Reviewed 26 August 2014

After a long day of being on the road I found myself in Rawlins looking for a place to stay. Days Inn seemed like a good choice. Very, very pricey for a very basic room. Carpet was not clean, the room had an odor,(was not a room designated for smoking), and I did not feel secure as the entrance door to the motel from the parking lot was not locked even though it did have a slot for your room key.
On the plus side, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the complimentary breakfast was very good as it had a wide variety of food to choose from.
I have stayed at Days Inn in various places and have found some very nice ones and some very undesirable ones. The ones along I-80 thru Wyoming that I have stayed seem to be in need of renovation. Rooms need to have updated carpet, curtains, televisions etc to keep up with the times. Especially with the price they charge the expectations are not met.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
UncleStevie, Owner at Days Inn Rawlins, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
I am sorry that you were disappointed. If you would be so kind as to inform us of which room you stayed in, we will be able to examine and address the issues you state.
1- outside doors- many guests prop the outside doors open and that causes the locks to malfunction. We try to keep up with this, but it is an ongoing problem and our staff constantly has to reset the locks. We are aware of the issue, but neither the lock company nor our staff can solve the problem, so we keep resetting the locks and try to keep up to date on them.
We are in the process of many upgrades and it is ongoing. All televisions have been replaced to Days Inn standards, so I am not sure about that comment. Many rooms have had new carpets, though not all and that is ongoing.
Again, please let us know what room it was that you stayed in so we can address your issues.
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed with our two children at the Days Inn on our trip from SLC to Denver. Despite low expectations given the reviews here it was somewhat disappointing, even for a short stop over. Rooms and halls were dirty and smelling. Bathroom was very small. It did not feel very safe with the open exterior doors. Breakfast was fine and had essentially everything from waffles to muffins and yoghurt. The kids liked the free popcorn and cookies. Altogether a fair price quality balance.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
UncleStevie, Owner at Days Inn Rawlins, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Having just replaced the hallway carpet, I am confused by you saying it was dirty. We vacuum the rooms and hallways daily, halls sometimes twice. We really work to make the stays wonderful. I hope you will enjoy the upgrades we have in progress currently.
Delavan, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Clean room. Comfortable bed. Nice flat screen TV. Water pressure, temperature, and drainage good. The showerhead was a bit low for my 6' husband. We didn't eat breakfast there or use the pool or exercise room. The WiFi had good speed. Seemed a bit pricey, but I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your positive rating. I am sorry you did not have breakfast at my hotel. We have a wonderful breakfast and keep upgrading and changing for variety of long stay guests.
As a note, we are about the least expensive of our range of hotels in Rawlins.
Please enjoy our hotel on your return trips.
Best,