“Sorry I didn't choose motel 6”
Review of Super 8 Rawlins

Super 8 Rawlins
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Thanks for still offering rooms to smokers as all motels and hotels should!!! For being out in the
middle of almost no-where this motel was clean and friendly. Nice restaurant next door, a plus.
Stayed two nights coming and going, 7-31-14 and 8-3-14. Should we travel through WY again
would stay again.

Thanks, Linda Sagendorf

Room Tip: If possible wait to get a room at the desk, online or by phone cost much more, just deal with hotel...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Wichita
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Good: Clean sheets and no bed bugs.
The Bad: Dirty stained carpet. Very loud wall ac unit when cycling on. Will wake you up until you get used to it. Knob missing to adjust temp. Found a dirty pillow case on the night stand. Found rolled up dirty towels the next morning on the closet rack.
The Ugly: Locking door chain missing and with the deadbolt locked the door still opened with the room key.

I travel for business but this was a family vacation. After driving 11 hours we checked in at midnight. One night only. With the chain missing I automatically checked the deadbolt and found the problem. I was offered the last remaining room but the family was already asleep. I ended up wedging a chair against the door and had little sleep. The next morning I had the same desk clerk come up to the room to see the door didn't lock, the chain lock was missing, dirty pillow case and dirty towels were in the room. Not even an apology.

• Stayed August 2014

Travellers are raving about these Rawlins hotels

Oberlin
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I booked this hotel through the Super 8 "800 phone number". This Super 8 is overpriced compared to the many other Super 8s we have stayed in, but we like to stay at Wyndham hotels. Upon arrival, the clerk asked if we wanted to charge the room on the credit card we reserved the room with. I told him no because we wanted to pay cash, but he said that they do not accept cash. And then he told us some story about why, but we couldn't understand all of what he was saying. The check in desk had a sliding glass window on it which strikes me as strange. There was a vining plant trailing on the hall ceiling and that seemed weird too. After our check in experience, I very concerned about staying here. The back door to the hotel did not lock and could be accessed by anyone. The room door had a safety chain instead of a bar. I was afraid that the smell from the smoking rooms would drift up to our nonsmoking room. But it didn't! Thank goodness! The room was very clean! It had a nice small fridge and a modern flat screen tv. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast had the usual make your own waffle continental breakfast along with cereal and prepackaged pastries. The juice machine was out of order. Seems like a lot of negatives, but in my book.....cleanliness is the most important and this place was clean!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family