“Hungry for steak???”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: 307-328-5582-Shawn and Nicole Dahl owners- off business card
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

4 of us... steaks soup salad and of course low calorie. E1 ate every bite. Steaks cooked exactly medium rare. Waitress was Kasey...ask for her.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped by as it looked interesting and was pleased with this America/country restaurant. Laughed at their giant oversized menus and had sine Rocky Mountain Oysters(not bad) my Philly cheesesteak was pretty delicious tho! Had the coleslaw and was unhappy. Bland and not much in it besides cabbage but the waitress was kind and let me swap out for some good potato salad. All around a decent place to eat. Oh! And there was a great beer for a buck not too bad ;)

1  Thank Jmaih
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My wife and I were in Rawlins and visited Bucks one evening for a meal. It appears to be the main diner in Rawlins and was busy.The two girls who were front of house informed us there was a 20 min wait for a table, there were 6 people ahead of us in the waiting area.We were prepared to wait and the queue was going down , and after approx 25 mins a table came available....which they gave to another couple !.....it happened so quickly we didnt react....however as customers were leaving we knew our wait woulnt be long.Sure enough another table became free and to our astonishment......they were going to give it to a family that had arrived after us !!We pointed this out, and to be fair the family backed us , however the attitude of the staff member left a lot to be desired ....no apology just a sullen look.Our meal was fine and our waitress, Patricia was excellent, however had we had other options we would have left and eaten elsewhere.Given the popularity of this restaurant , it would appear they feel they dont have to try that hard.....Buck , get your act together and employ experienced staff to manage seating and not college kids.....otherwise you aint going to be so popular...

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were traveling from South Dakota to Arizona and found this place randomly. I had the french dip/onion rings and b/f had the rueben/fries and we shared a strawberry sundae.

Good: Service was excellent. I loved all the memorabilia on the walls. I could have spent an hour looking at it in the restroom alone if someone hadn't been waiting. Our meal was very good. Sundae was a real bargain for only $2. I didn't have the pizza, but after seeing one delivered to another table, I wish I had. It looked really yummy. We were pulling a trailer and found ample parking just across the street.

Negative. There is only one bathroom stall per gender for a rather large restaurant. Almost a guaranteed wait. The menu itself is close to three feet tall and gimmicky. We were seated at a two-top table and the only way to read the menu was for one of us to read it upside down or try to turn the giant thing around without knocking something over or putting out an eye.

I like the fact that they make homemade fries, but they were very limp and just not very good.

This had nothing to do with our experience, but there was a lady bringing back a takeout order when we arrived. She had just left when we were finished eating. I don't know what the problem was, but apparently something was either difficult to get right or she was a very picky customer.

We won't be back in Rawlings anytime soon (maybe next year) but if we are we would eat here again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

After all the reviews we were expecting some great food. We ended up here after trying some other places which were closed down. The decor was great, western style. The restaurant was busy but there are not a whole lot of choices in town. The staff were all attentive and friendly but the food was slow coming out of the kitchen. I had the chicken taco salad which was good and my husband had the pulled pork sandwich that was lacking. The fries were close to being burnt and the pulled pork was mediocre at best. I would choose a fast food joint next time.