“Authenic Mexican Food !!!!”
Review of Rose's Lariat

Rose's Lariat
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Rawlins
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We almost didn't stop but had found it online and read the reviews. Its is very small with limited seating but it is an outstanding restaurant and priced very reasonable. Our waitress was very friendly and accommodating, she brought us little samples of the red chili and green chili. There was 4 of us and we all chose the green chili, it is a little on the spicy side (hot). We ordered more than we could eat. The fries are hand cut potatoes and then you can get them covered with your choice of green or red chili. My wife and I split an order of the potatoes and then I had the Taco salad and she had Chicken Chimichanga. and you must save room for a mini strawberry sopapilla.....oh my....fresh made and so good....The Only Bad thing I can say about this little restaurant is that it is not in my home town.....All four of us LOVED IT, maybe the best meal we had on our trip !

1  Thank raul r

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Ok so it's pretty small and awkward seating (we opted for the porch) BUT the food was great!

My hubby LOVED his Mexican Dinner Combination plate especially the red sauce on the enchiladas.

I had the "Mexican Long Johns" which are basically a beef and bean smothered burritos with a bonus of poblano chilies in corn tortilla instead of flour. FABULOUS! The green chili was above average standard restaurant quality (not homemade) but everything together was amazingly fresh and flavorful. My palate fully satisfied I left WITHOUT that usual puffy feeling I get after eating Mexican
food.

Yummy!

1  Thank CarrieSuzieQ
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Rose's Lariat is a perfect example of why I trust Trip Advisor. We would have driven right past this tiny place, but we trusted the reviews and were rewarded with great food and charming people.
My husband had the Ruby Taco, refied beans on a soft tostada, wrapped around a taco. Yum!
I had the small taco salad which had a mini corn shell stuffed with taco meat, topped with guacamole and green chili, sitting on a bed of lettuce. The perfect lunch portion.
For dessert my husband was "sweet talked" into a sopatilla stuffed with strawberries and smothered with whipped cream. Kind of a Mexican crepe!
Don't know if we will ever pass through Rawlins again, but if we do we'll be roped in to Rose's!

1  Thank GingerBC
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Ate here for first time recently. Was mid-day, so it was mostly empty. Food was mediocre at best; canned beans, frozen fish fried and chopped for fish tacos. Very ordinary. Note: they do not take credit cards, so if you are traveling for work and using credit cards, this may be good to know. Nothing in the least bit special about the food, esp. in comparison to better meals we have eaten in other cities and states. But then agian, it is a very small town, so must lower expectations. One caveat: the staff was bantering out loud in Spanish about a number of personal things. They did not realize we understood every word they said. It was unprofessional, of course, and made us feel uncomfortable to hear these things (ex: why a family member has gotten so fat, etc)

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We travel all over the USA. We love Mexican food and this is the best we have found, anywhere. It is worth the stop in a small town off of the interstate. It is a very small place but worth the wait. Order takeout if you can't get a seat, it is worth it.

Been to Rose's Lariat? Share your experiences!