“Hellish”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Thornton
“Hellish”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Too small, very warm inside!! Kids and hubby liked their food, mine took too long, and was delivered incorrectly. I have celiac disease and this is not a place to eat for me! Short staffed and diner style seating. :(

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Kate N

Holland, Michigan
“Little Gem that's all about the food.”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We had been on the road for almost three weeks with two boys and were tired of fast food. When we stopped in Rawlins for the night, we never expected to find such a great place. We got there just as they were closing and the place was packed, so they set up a table for us in a side porch. Yes, the place looks a bit like a biker bar and the seating is awkward, but it isn't about that. Eating here is about the FOOD!

The boys ordered nachos and tacos which they custom made they way the kids wanted them (lots of cheese and no beans). We ordered enchiladas and a burrito which were amazing. What impressed us the most was the service was outstanding and the prices really reasonable. It is clear this is a local place to go for great Mexican food.

It has been more than a year since we ate there and my son keeps wanting to take another road trip so we can go back to Rose's Lariat. As parents we loved the flexible closing time because it meant they stayed open for us and the boys cleaned their plates. Stop here if you can because you won't be disappointed. This is a very local place and one of those gems you wish you lived closer to because you really liked it.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank HollandLocal
Birchwood, Tennessee, United States
“A little piece of heaven”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

When we found this place we almost did not go inside by the look on the outside. It is an unassuming, tiny place in Rawlins, WY which it's in the middle of nowhere. But we decided to give it a try since we were starving. The service was awesome, courteous with a big bright smile and the food is to die for. The freshness and flavors were incredible and made us wish they were located where I am from in Tennessee. Hats off to the sweet lady chef!!!!!!!

2 Thank Idaly R
Birchwood, Tennessee
“Authenic Mexican Food !!!!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We almost didn't stop but had found it online and read the reviews. Its is very small with limited seating but it is an outstanding restaurant and priced very reasonable. Our waitress was very friendly and accommodating, she brought us little samples of the red chili and green chili. There was 4 of us and we all chose the green chili, it is a little on the spicy side (hot). We ordered more than we could eat. The fries are hand cut potatoes and then you can get them covered with your choice of green or red chili. My wife and I split an order of the potatoes and then I had the Taco salad and she had Chicken Chimichanga. and you must save room for a mini strawberry sopapilla.....oh my....fresh made and so good....The Only Bad thing I can say about this little restaurant is that it is not in my home town.....All four of us LOVED IT, maybe the best meal we had on our trip !

1 Thank raul r
San Angelo, Texas
“It's all about the food, and it's Good!!!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Ok so it's pretty small and awkward seating (we opted for the porch) BUT the food was great!

My hubby LOVED his Mexican Dinner Combination plate especially the red sauce on the enchiladas.

I had the "Mexican Long Johns" which are basically a beef and bean smothered burritos with a bonus of poblano chilies in corn tortilla instead of flour. FABULOUS! The green chili was above average standard restaurant quality (not homemade) but everything together was amazingly fresh and flavorful. My palate fully satisfied I left WITHOUT that usual puffy feeling I get after eating Mexican
food.