“Great chile relleno!”
Review of Rose's Lariat

Rose's Lariat
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Rawlins
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My family loved this place! Small place but very good food and friendly staff. My husband raved over the chile relleno and we all left there very happy with our meals.

There are newer reviews for Rose's Lariat

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We went here for early dinner around 4 pm. It is a small place with dinner style seating & one booth inside. Two important things to note: they only take cash or check and they close as 7 pm on Saturday. Wife ordered the fish tacos and menudo. The tacos were pretty good and the menudo was excellent. I had the sopapilla stuffed with chicken and smothered in green sauce followed with a desert chimichanga. The sopapilla was ok, but it seems to be more bread than actual sopapilla. The desert chimichanga comes with apple, cherry, or blueberry filling. I opted for apple and was very disappointed. Filled with cheese and apple pie filling with almost no apple, the cost of almost $6 was a total ripoff. If I go here again, I am letting the other half do the ordering.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Too small, very warm inside!! Kids and hubby liked their food, mine took too long, and was delivered incorrectly. I have celiac disease and this is not a place to eat for me! Short staffed and diner style seating. :(

2  Thank Kate N
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We had been on the road for almost three weeks with two boys and were tired of fast food. When we stopped in Rawlins for the night, we never expected to find such a great place. We got there just as they were closing and the place was packed, so they set up a table for us in a side porch. Yes, the place looks a bit like a biker bar and the seating is awkward, but it isn't about that. Eating here is about the FOOD!

The boys ordered nachos and tacos which they custom made they way the kids wanted them (lots of cheese and no beans). We ordered enchiladas and a burrito which were amazing. What impressed us the most was the service was outstanding and the prices really reasonable. It is clear this is a local place to go for great Mexican food.

It has been more than a year since we ate there and my son keeps wanting to take another road trip so we can go back to Rose's Lariat. As parents we loved the flexible closing time because it meant they stayed open for us and the boys cleaned their plates. Stop here if you can because you won't be disappointed. This is a very local place and one of those gems you wish you lived closer to because you really liked it.

2  Thank HollandLocal
Reviewed 2 October 2013

When we found this place we almost did not go inside by the look on the outside. It is an unassuming, tiny place in Rawlins, WY which it's in the middle of nowhere. But we decided to give it a try since we were starving. The service was awesome, courteous with a big bright smile and the food is to die for. The freshness and flavors were incredible and made us wish they were located where I am from in Tennessee. Hats off to the sweet lady chef!!!!!!!

2  Thank Idaly R