“Comfortable beds, big bathroom, clean”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Nauvoo, Alabama
“Comfortable beds, big bathroom, clean”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I booked a room at the last minute on Comfort Inns website, if you have AAA or AARP, get those rates , they are much better than best available and you can't get those better prices booking through company's such as orbitz or expedia. Also if your 50 get the aarp card the savings can pay the membership fee with just a 2 night booking sometimes one.
This Comfort Inn was located in Rawlins Wyoming, there isn't very many motels there. Check-in was very fast ,friendly and accommodating .The room was very large with a fridge , microwave. The beds was very comfortable and a choice of pillows ( soft or firm) they had a laundry room, with vending machines, exercise room with machines as well as free weights. The hotel overall was very clean .breakfast was very good, sausage pancakes, oatmeal ,cereal , bagels, donuts, yogurt...variety of juices. Nice breakfast room. The breakfast staff wasn't very friendly and didn't do a great job of keeping the tables cleaned off, but other than that , this comfort inn is one I would definitely stay at again. Also the price is reasonable, just make sure you go directly to the web site when you book, because they have best price guarantee and they honor AAA and AARP.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank hiker6
Jon G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Just a note to say Thank You for your positive response. We work hard to make sure things are right for our guests and it's obvious it's paying off.
Glad you enjoyed our breakfast! We decided not to be like some other places and limit what our guests can have; who wants biscuits and gravy six days a week!
If ever in the area again, please come on back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I pulled into the parking lot on Sunday afternoon and noticed there was only one car in the lot. Hmmm... The young lady at the front desk was friendly enough but she could not figure out how to enter my frequent flyer number into the system. My room was ok, decently clean. It had a refrigerator and microwave so I was set for the week. Breakfast was ok when it was available. They kept running out of coffee, eggs, and meat. I will not stay here again. There is a Hampton Inn across the street and a Holiday Inn Express next door.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank wholehogbrew
Jon G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
I am sorry to hear that you will not be staying with us again. We strive very hard to ensure a clean, quiet, and comfortable stay for our guests.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had a suite that was fine but a little odd. I liked that the bathroom was farther away from the bedroom as I am an early riser. The area between the bedroom and bathroom was set up with two chairs and a small refrigerator and microwave but no TV so I am not sure what the intent was for the use of the room. We just stacked our luggage there. The room temperature was uncomfortable and we were unable to regulate it correctly.

We did not eat any of the breakfast. The bacon was undercooked and the apples had not been washed (they still had the label on them from the grocery store) so we decided we'd go elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jon G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to what you deserved. I can only apologize for the air conditioning. We have a thermostat system in our rooms and I can only guess that the thermostat was not operating correctly.

If ever back in the Rawlins area, please stop by and give us another chance to provide you with an excellent place to lay your head.
Waterford, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I encountered this property while on a recent business trip. I had never stayed in Rawlins, Wyoming before and did not know what to expect. When I was offered a rate higher than expected the clerk did her best to justify the price and eventually offered me a AAA discount which made this marginally acceptable. Room was nice with usual amenities; fridge, microwave, two Queen beds, flat panel TV, hair dryer and closet. Hotel had indoor pool which I was not planning on using. Breakfast was good with eggs, bacon, waffles, yogurt, coffee and several juice options. Coffee was slightly better than average. Bottom line was, without the AAA discount I would have felt that this property was overpriced. As it was, I would consider it slightly above average.

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious and clean. Three floors of rooms to choose from...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jon G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
I thank you for your honest review of our property. We try our best to make our guests stay clean, quiet, and comfortable.

If ever back in our neck of the woods, please feel free to use us as your accomodations for the night!
Menan, Idaho
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is my fourth night in a row at a Comfort Inn. Can it be that this will be as good as the others? This place is the same as all the others. Just plain excellent!! Full of oil people from the oil fields but very clean and well run. Breakfast was even better here than in the previous ones. I will return again!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jon G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
I just wanted to Thank You for the wonderful rating you gave our property. It is nice to see positive reviews on internet sites. If you don't mind, I will be sharing your response with my staff to show them how much their hard work is appreciated.

When next in Rawlins, please come stay with us again. It is guests like you that make this job fun.
Carthage, Missouri
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

This is a great motel. Clean,great towels,pool, very good breakfast, and nice staff. Quiet rooms and well maintained. Breakfast was varied. Will stay here every time. Reasonable price.staff helpful and attentive. Rooms were spacious. Good pressure in showers.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Jon G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
I just wanted to write and Thank You for the wonderful review you gave our property and staff. I will be sharing this with them as it is not often that reviews are given on good experiences versus bad or indifferent ones.
Please when you are next in Rawlins come and stay with us. It is a pleasure to have guests like you.
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The property is very nice and in a good location. Our room was very nice. Staff seemed indifferent at check in and check out. The worst experience was with the breakfast staff. I made a waffle and it stuck terribly to the iron. I had to go to the front desk where the woman in charge of the breakfast room was sitting talking to another staff member. When I told her I needed some spray for the waffle iron, she told me that it had already been sprayed and I didn't need any. But, she then sprayed the waffle iron, telling me that a family of five had made waffles and had no problem earlier and that she watched the lady who had set up the breakfast spray it - and it only needed to be sprayed once a day. She poured the batter and it stuck again. It was my fault- because I didn't lift up the top of the iron slowly. It seems I wasn't the only one having problems with the waffle iron that morning since people after me gave up as well.
Since when are guests to blame when something doesn't work right??
BTW - hate the hard little square pillows on the bed!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Jon G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
I apologize for what appeared indifference with my staff. We strive very hard to ensure our guests are not only happy and satisfied with their stay but also that no reasonable request goes unanswered. This should not have happened and the staff is even now more aware of this.

I am happy to hear of your approval of the accomodations and comfort with the exceptions of the pillows. We are swapping out these in the beginning of the year so your next time through Rawlins should be even more inviting.