“Oasis in Rawlins”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Rawlins is not the best place to have to spend a night. It smells like a petroleum refinery and the constant blowing dust is annoying. But the Comfort Inn is fantastic with friendly staff, large, clean rooms and a great hot breakfast. With our large group (6), we expected we would need a suite but, alas, the suites were all book and we settled for the double-double. What a pleasant surprise to find the room large enough for all of us and we pleased to find such a nice place in such a difficult place. Comfort Inn is not a luxury brand, but it is a luxury for Rawlins. And it was less expensive than similar hotels in Rawlins.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian B
Jon G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

I Thank You Brian for the review you posted. We work very hard to have a hotel that our guests find to be an "oasis in the desert" as it were. I will make sure my staff reads your comments as they like it when guests respond positively!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Very friendly, clean place to stay in Rawlins. Comfortable beds, and now Comfort Inn has a variety of pillows so you don't end up with a sore neck as in other hotels. Have stayed there on every visit through that area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank notalota

Thank you for your kind review of our property. It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you travel through wonderful Wyoming!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a 2 night stay here and it was very comfortable, good beds and the breakfast was better than in some other hotel chains. We were pleasantly surprised. The hot tub was out of order but otherwise the hotel was clean and no complaints. Location was close to highway (although we heard no road noise we did hear the train coming through.) There was also some construction going on (for a new WalMart) but we did not hear any noise. The reception staff was always nice and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank A_Andy2014
Jon G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Just wanted to say Thank You for the review. It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to seeing you again next time in town.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel is very nice, comfortable, good stop for someone travelling with pets. However, the pet fee for ,my one dog as $30.00, which seemed really excessive to me (but taught me to ask about the pet fees before I checked in. . .so this old dog learned a new trick). This was the best stop on this particular trip, but I was not happy about the extra $30.00.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Joan B
Jon G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Just a Thank You for your review and staying with us. I hope that if you ever need a place to stay in our little metropolis that you consider using us again!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Spacious room, well planned and implemented accommodations. I would gladly stay here again if I were in Rawlins. They did everything right.
Beds comfortable. Bathroom large and well done.
I have to add a few words to get to 200 character minimum message.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jon G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Just a Thank You and invitation to come see us again when next in our area! Thank you very much.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here on several occasions for about a week at a time because I could not stay at another hotel. They had made a mistake on the dates of my stay, they were sold out and most other hotels were also. They made every effort to find me a place to stay. No complaints about the staff, except the breakfast staff. They were always out of coffee or something. The hot tub was out of service for more a month at one time. The pool was too cool for me, not kids. Still I give them 3 stars. Linens were clean. I think it is #3 choice in town.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jon G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Well, firstly, Thank You for staying with us. Wish we had been first choice but I am glad we were able to find you accomodations. I am sorry about the breakfast area. We try our best to have everything stocked for our guests but when twenty at a time come down it gets a little frantic. I hope we can show you we do better on your next stay.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here on our way home after vacation. After driving over 12 hours in one day the beds were quite nice. It was close to interstate 80. There was construction going on next door but it stopped after 8:30 pm. They only had Pepsi products in vending machines. Not a fan of Pepsi unless it's Mr Pibb and they didn't have any. We did not use pool or laundry but went down stairs because the front desk said they had coke products in that vending machine. Anyway looked like they were doing some work on part of the pool or spa.

The beds were comfortable and clean. We would stay again if we ever come back through town.

Recommend making reservations early they turned lots of people away at check in I guess due to proximity of interstate and the lateness of our arrival.

• Stayed: July 2014
Jon G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

I would just like to say Thank You for the fair mindedness of your review. With todays contentious reviews it is refreshing to see one that is fair.

I am sorry, I've been trying to bring Coca Cola here but, as you know, with the 100 miles to the next city I am finding difficulties getting vendors. I will continue trying though.

The spa has been down when I lost both the heater and its pump on the same day. I have procured the replacements and am trying to find a plumber to install them. It should be up very soon.

Please, next in Rawlins, let us provide you with your room to sleep!